Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Called to Serve

So here we go! I have been called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Jackson, Mississippi.  I will be entering the MTC on January 2, 2013 and I couldn't be more excited.  I was able to open my mission call on November 14 and I cannot believe how fast the time has flown by since the day I opened it.  It was an amazing experience to have all my family and closest friends there.
Opening that letter made me realize that this is what I am meant to do for the next year and a half.  I couldn't be more excited to go and serve the people of Mississippi.  I know without a doubt in my heart that this is what I am suppose to be doing and I couldn't be more grateful for this opportunity.






I'm not going to lie, going on a mission has not always been in my plans.  I actually grew up not wanting to go on a mission.  But this past year the thought has been lingering in my mind to consider to go.  I kept pushing it aside because I have so many things to do here and people I love that I would never want to leave.  But the thought would never leave.  That announcement that our dear President Monson made, made my mission a huge possibility but not a reality because I still didn't want to go (only in fear I would never get married).  
Through deep prayer and scripture study I received my amazing answer to go on a mission.  I will not lie sometimes following the answers we receive are the hardest thing to do-but I have come to this conclusion that would never want to miss out on an opportunity clearly given to me by fate.  Before I officially made my decision to go frustrating events kept happening that seemed to keep pushing my life back--such as crashing another car and struggling to become a level 3 in my elementary education program.  But I know now why these things happened in the time they did.  I am suppose to serve a mission and my sweet heavenly father has prepared my life perfectly for me to go.  It was just up to me to make that decision.  

No comments:

Post a Comment