Tuesday, January 22, 2013

First Day In MS


Hi everyone!!
Here is what is going on--I made it to Mississippi, my trainer is Sister Mapu and I love her already. My first area is the area that my mission home is in Clinton I am so excited!! Sister Meek and I stayed in the Bishops home last night "Bishop Boone" He will be the bishop of my new ward. I love it here--from the moment the plane landed I have felt at home. Elder Green is my zone leader which is great because I went to High school with him! It was the most comforting feeling in the world to walk off the plane to see President Mcdonough and Sister Mcdonough smiling and waiting for us. I know I am suppose to be here!! It's beautful here and the weather is amazing! 60 deegres is the best and it the winter feels like spring time. I was sooo tired yesterday--but it was great to here from you on the phone. I don't know what is going to happen today but Mom, I love love love my bike!! It's adorable.
President took a picture of us this morning and I've never felt so...."not pretty" haha wow what a picture..But last night President had an interview with all of us and in mine he asked if there was any specific person I had in mind to be my trainer. Honestly I did...her picture wouldn't leave my mind but I couldn't remember her name. Well this morning when I met her, Sister Mapu is the picture that wouldn't leave my mind!! I think that is so amazing how the lord works and I know she is supposed to train me.
I'm really nervous to get started but the hospitality that our Bishop gave to us last night was more then perfect. It's not as humid as I thought it was going to be....but I know that's because it's "winter" here. Haha yeah this is not winter this is spring and I love it. I feel soo at peace. I remember praying to heavenly father asking him to send me somewhere where I could still play the piano. First thing that President Mcdonough says to me is--Sister Jenkins, you play the piano? Good! We desperatley need one! I was so happy! I love the piano and I didn't want those skills to go down the tube out here:) I played a little in the MTC but not a ton. It was so hard to say bye to our Elders!! Oh my gosh I didn't tell you what I did yesterday.
I handed out my First Book of Mormon! I sat down next to a guy (in the airport) and he started asking me questions and why I was wearing a nametag. Then he started asking questions about the church and he was honestly interested and the sweetest guy ever. I talked a little bit about the Book Of Mormon and he said shoot I want to read it where can I get one. Well...I had one:) It was perfect!! This happned in the Atlanta Georgia Airport.
But I just want everyone to know I am safe and loving life. I really believe I'm going to love it here. I can't wait to go out!
Love you all so much
Sister Jenkins
p.s. My pday's will be on Mondays:)

Giving Kyler the most AWKWARD hug ever!  He refused to hug me! (rules)

My new companion!

Saying Goodbye to Sister Meek:(

Telling Kyler Goodbye!







Elder Hill and me!


No comments:

Post a Comment