Saturday, January 19, 2013

Last Week At MTC


Hello Everyone I love so much!
This week at the MTC has been so amazing!! Seriously the best week I've had here.  I have learned so much spiritually and I know more and more each and everyday at the truthfulness of this gospel.  On Tuesday we had the best opportunity to hear from the amazing Elder Holland!  It felt like Christmas all over again except better because I wasn't scared about coming here:)  Can you imagine it 3000+ missionaries + and apostale of the Lord?  Who just happens to e everyone's favorite speaker?!  Right when he walked in there were smiles all over the room and I couldn't help but just stare at him.  His spiritual prescence was incredible and not only am I on a spiritual high right now, but that night the feeling of the spirit was even more so.   It was amazing...he is truly an apostal of God and I love him so much.  He told us that we are the generation that "Will NOT fail!"  I know we won't either--the testimonies of the missionaries here are incredible.  Honestly though...there are some missionaries that I look act and think why are you here?  Are you here just because your joining the band wagon or are you here becasue you want to serve god and BE a disciple of Jesus Christ.  I know why I am here...and I can't wait to get to Mississippi on Monday morning and start my life there inviting others to Come unto Christ.  That's what we are all about and I pray that I work until the day I come home--the Lords time is so precious and I don't want to waste a moment of it. 
 My heart is so full all the time and it was especially at this devotional.  I know I am suppose to be here I feel it everyday.    He loved his mission more then anyone and he inspired me to be the best missionary I can possibly be.  It's so exciting to be part of the mission field right now because so much is changing and the lord will hasten his work and harvest all the fields using every single missionary he can until the work is done. 
Then I told my family about the amazing blessing I was able to recieve from an Elder who's like my brother and reminds me of Andy.  It was the neatest experience.  I had all of my dear sweet Elder there for me and they all joined in on the circle (which normally doesn't happen) all the blessing for the sisters that I have been able to be a part of have only had two elders and me.  It was amazing to feel the Power and the Authority of god go throughout my body and soul.  Those men (elders) hold the preisthood so worthily and Kayla or Carissa you can date any of them when they get home:)  They all told me they loved me after and I was crying but I tell you I know God has a way of speaking to us each individually.  He will always speak to you in the same loving way even if it is through the mouth of someone else and not my dear father.  This Elder smiled at me after and said, "love you sis."  The next morning all of them kept telling me thank you for letting us be apart of that.  The blessing wasn't for anything major but I know these men need the practice and I was having a hard time with a cold and I needed comfort I was sooo grateful for them.  Heavenly Father brought me a little piece of home in that moment and I have never felt more loved. 
I love my Sisters!! I go to each Sisters room everynight to check on them and make sure they are doing well.  Granted girls are dramatic and I feel as if I am a counseler half the time.  But you know what--the thing that always solves every problem is telling these Sisters, "You are here as a disciple of Jesus Christ.  You wear his name and you should love everyone as he would.  Since he is not here, that means you are taking is place, so sit here say a prayer and then talk to each other as Christ would.  Their problems and struggles always work out once they do that!!  I love them all so much and even better I told all the Sisters about my blessing because I felt as if I should and one Sister said, "thank you for that, I want you to know this morning I got one because of your testimoney on the power of the priesthood.  I want you to know I feel so much better and I can do this."   I love it here!! I can't wait to be with more sisters in Mississippi!
Now....I seriously leave in like a day.....wow.  It seems I was just here yesterday and now I am already leaving!  It's such a scary and amazing thought!  haha I already have a Book of Mormon to give away at the airport.  I just want to share this happiness with everyone!  I know the world is ready to hear the truth and be invited to baptism into the restored gospel otherwise...the lord wouldn't have changed the age!  I was thinking about it....remember that story about the three 18 year olds who helped each person cross that freezing river.  The young people of the church have so much potential and such amazing testimonies and I know that's why God is trusting us to gather his sheep. 
I am really tired of the food here....My extended Jenkins family...I want you all to know I run the entire 50 min each time we have gym:) be proud I will still work out--it was a little wierd running to no music at the beginning--but I have turned into my mother and I just talk the entire time haha. 
I was talking with an Elder today who is from Florida and he was talking about how everyone in the south is all about manners when eating food!  I said, "okay deal."  I had a tiny grape in my mouth when I said that and he said....Do not talk with your mouth full!  Then he gave me a lesson on proper edicate.  Haha apparently you turn your fork down when you are done eating, you always say yes mam and sir, you never ever put your elbows on the table, if you talk with food in your mouth you are in trouble, if the ladies get a mouth full of food that's impoliet.  Man...I'm nevous!! You have all seen my eating habits!! I spill everytime I eat and guess what the two "Souther boys" were the only ones to point out food I had slighly spilled on my sleeve today!  Ahhhhh I fail at being a lady--I seriously am the biggest cluts sometimes and I talk with my mouth full occasionaly.  But guess what I'll come back a proper lady--so that's good right?  Okay just kidding I'll probably revert back to my ways and spill everywhere as usual.  But I'm hoping I become more "proper:)"  Gosh I can't wait to go and hear from my incredible family!!  Monica I can't believe Brekin is turning one!! I love love love that picture--will you all send me actual pictures?  I need address from The Jenkins, douglass's, Lindsey's and well everyone.  I need to write you all I might not have time to ...but it's the pure thought that counts!  You all are such an amazing support to me!
Oh and guess what...I found Kyler!!  Yep creeped enough and pulled him out of class:)  He was SO awkward and first and refused to hug me.  Until finally I said, "your dumb we are family and I hugged him super quick!"  Then we took these pictures right...haha I made him put his arm around me.  Then we looked at the pictures and they were awful whoever took them made them blurry.  So I went back right before he went to dinner (I creeped on his schedule) You all know what a creep I can be sometimes!  We took another picture and I made him put his arm around me again and he said, "I"m going to get xcommunicated from the church!"  I started laughing sooo hard.  I'll have you know...hugging your 1st cousins is not in the White Handbook, and missionaries live out of the "White Bible"  so it was perfectly fine:)  I love him!  I went through all the scriptures in the class to find his with his name on them while he wasn't there.  Yep something I would do none of you are suprised. 
Anyways I g2g but the next email I send I will be in Mississippi!! Love you all Good luck this week.
XOXO
Sister Jenkins
The Church is true!!

All Sisters at the Temple

My Favorite Teacher at the MTC

Treats!


Love My District!



I FOUND KYLER!!! He didn't want to hug me:) It's not in the "White Bible."  

MY COUSIN KYLER..Found at last!




Stripling Warriors Sign

Yes--I found Case Haws from Newton!



No comments:

Post a Comment