Monday, March 18, 2013


Hey Everyone!!
Things down in the south are going great:) This week has been a really busy week even though all of Clinton went away for spring break we still managed to stay busy! We definatly had some interesting tracting experiences this week. On Tuesday we were able to go out and visit a member in our ward sister K----. She is the cutest lady and we were able to help her return and reorder some scriptures. It was fun--I felt right at home helping her.
Thursday was the interesting tracting day. Things were going good--just the usual not interested I'm good. We met a couple of people that we might be able to see again but we will see what happens this week. Anyways here's the first story. We knocked on this door and this guy answers, he's tall and looked like he had just woken up from a nap. The sun was in his face soo he looked even more annoyed that we even knocked on his door. Sister Mapu says, "Oh I'm sorry did we wake you?" He said, "No, but I know what ya'll are up to and I'm not interested." I asked, "What exactly do you think we are up to sir?" Then he points to the sky...."You all need to have your mind more open like star trek..beleiving in one god is just dumb there is more then one god." Um....yeah haha weird! Anyways then we ask, "Really more then one god, hmmm god's of what?" He says, "Ya'll just need to be the God of your own world." Then Sister Mapu shouted...I will be one day! haha then he slammed that door shut! We both walked away thinking um...what a weirdo, did that really just happen? Haha we were laughing so hard.
Then consequently his next door neighbor happend to be equally as weird! Actually he made me really mad. The last two weeks I have been wondering how much would you do for what you believe and know is true? Well....I feel as if I answered my own question when this guy answered the door. He had a giant gold buck tooth and really creepy long finger nails. He barley cracks the door and says, "I already know who ya'll are and I don't want anythig to do with you mormons." Smiling we both asked why. Then he starts bashing our church..."Ya'll have false doctorine and its of the devil and that book is the devil it's self. Ya'll take your false doctorine and leave." He kept talking bad about our church and we couldn't even get a word in. I could feel the anger inside me build up and I felt like one of those cartoon characters with steam coming out of my ears. I couldn't take it anymore, then without thinking I did the "what a representative of Jesus Christ shouldn't do move." I walked away and said in a loud voice, "Well I'll see you in heaven!" Mapu just stood at the door (she is so good) smiling. Then he yelled back, "If you make it there!" That just ticked me off! Then I realized what I was doing! I looked back soo angry inside and realized Mapu was doing the Christ like thing and I wasn't--I hesitantly walked back up to the pourch just in time to hear her briefly bearing her testimony while that man kept bashing what she was saying. Then he said something awful about the Book of Mormon again. The last thing I said was, " I will never ever deny the truth that is in this book, I love it with all my heart sir." Then he slammed the door shut and my heart was still pounding at how upset I was. Walking away I realized at how much I love the Book of Mormon and how much I really know that it is true. I would do anything for this gospel, I would do anything for my Savior, and I would do anything when it comes to defending his Church and the Book of Mormon. However, what I learned was that even though we feel so extremely upset on the inside, we can't let anyone see that. We are to invite...if they don't accept the invitation that is their choice. As representatives of Jesus Christ we are always to do the Christ like thing--it was extremely hard for me that day to do that with the words he was saying. Sister Mapu kept laughing and told me to take a deep breath in--thank heavens this mans next door neighbor made up for everything I was feeling. This door was awesome! They were asking questions about the Book of Mormon and we were able to give 2 of them away to both the daughter and the father. It was amazing and I could feel the spirit again.
The next day came--the most interesting part that happened was we walk up to this lady sweeping her garage out. We went up to her and introduced ourselves. She said that she wasn't interested because she already knew all that we believe and it's not the same as her. Well of course we asked what she knows about our church. She said (while she backs away), "Well I know ya'll believe in a god on earth that established your church and I just don't think that's right. I'm a Christian and I believe in Jesus Christ." Umm....yeah we def had to clarify. "Actually Mam, we know your not interested but we would just like to clarify with you on what we really believe. We believe in the same Jesus Christ as you do. In fact he is the head of our church. There is no earthy god that established our church. The man that people think we worship is Joseph Smith--He's a prophet not a god and we do not worship him. He restored Jesus Christs church back to the earth." She was stumped. Then she asked about the Book of Mormon. We explained and then she nodded and we told her that next time someone asks about what the Mormons believe or says that we believe in a god on earth today, she is to explain to them that she talked to Mormon Missionaries herself and they told her directly what we believe. She agreed, and then we said our peace and have a good day.
I just can't believe some of the things people think or have heard about us "Mormons". It honestly makes me laugh--some people act like we are evil and they are afraid to even shake our hands. Yeah it's funny. After some tracting experiences Sister Mapu and I get back into the car and eat chocolate to calm ourselves haha.
Anyways this week has really been a great week. Yesterday Sister Mapu and I were able to go to the Jackson Branch and sing a duet while I played. They have church in an office building because there is no ward in Jackson! It's crazy but it is a blast going to visit that ward. After visiting the branch a member in our ward had a birthday party for her daughter, me, and Elder Green. It was fun--I felt right at home. I love Clinton and I love the members.
I have been able to bear my testimoney with all my heart to a lot of people. I know this gospel is true and I know I am out here for a reason! I love the Book of Mormon with all of my heart and soul--I love the Bible as well and I know they both work hand in hand together. I am learning so much each and everyday and I really love the people of Mississippi with all of my heart. The people here are good Christian people they are kind and loving. Some just don't understand what we believe and we are hear to clarify and help them draw closer to Jesus Christ. I hope all is well! I am SO excited for General Conference that is coming up-being able to listen to the only Prophet on earth called of God is amazing. Ya'll have a great week. 2 Nephi 33:10 "And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ." Keep up the work and enjoy the beautiful spring weather!
I love you!
Love Always Sister Jenkins

Me and the Flowers ya'al sent me for my birthday!
                                        
At lunch with an awesome family!  Love them so much!

Setting up for a wedding reception--a fellow Utahan:)
Elder Milligan had a cupcake war!
With one of my favorite ladies. 
With some of the children in Jackson.
With the Branch President's wife.
Love this little girl so much--Miss Sheelah

Sheelah loves ninja turtles!  So fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment