Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Hey Friends and Family
So I hope everyone is dong really good this week.  Man so much is going on--it feels like a quick week because my pday was Wednesday last week.  Anyways here I am again and what a great couple of days in the mission field.  I am so grateful to know Dad is doing good.  You were in a lot of prayers out here and I felt at peace a lot of the time.  
Transfers was great.  I loved it!--The missionaries out here are awesome and wow we are getting a lot of sisters.  The group that came in had seven sisters and 2 elders.  By the end of the year we are suppose to have a total of 88 sisters in the mission.  The south better get ready to be flooded with missionaries.  I am so amazed by the amount of worthy sisters just picking up their courage, faith, and strength and coming on a mission to serve our Heavenly Father!  We are as the Army of Helaman--there is an army of missionaries coming out to the mission field because of this wonderful announcement and because of everyone's desire to serve Heavenly Father.  I love it and I love my mission.  
Thursday this week we were able to do a couple of visits we went to go see a family and there was one of the friends there.   She has an amazing story and I started crying as she was talking.  She is 21 and her mother passed away last year in June.  As she was talking I couldn't help but cry her faith and dedication to the lord and knowing that everything was going to be alright amazed me.  Her mother was an example and her best friend.  I couldn't help but think of my own mother and cry as she was talking.  Mapu and I loved getting to know this sweet woman and we hope to see her again soon!  This one sister is great--her husband was out of town and she was home with the two little boys.   Friday night Sister Mapu and I went over to her house to help her clean it and it was so much fun!   We cleaned and then ate some Chili.  Can I just say the cold here is completely different then the cold in Utah.  Remember when we went to San Fran and it was bone chilling cold in summer?  Yeah that's what it is like here not cold on the surface but cold to you bones.  I was freezing all day Friday!  Maybe my blood is getting thinner I don't know but it was really cold.  But chili was the perfect thing to eat.  By the way...I need to say the food here is all flavored to the max.  I'm going to get home and realize that some of our food has no flavor haha.  My mouth is getting used to spicy and hot foods...sorta.   Its hard but hey it's a slow but sure process.  
We went with Sister B on Saturday to Flowood to take a bike to one of the sisters that left the bike here on Tday.  Sister B was our ride/miles and we made a pit stop on the way.  She needed to go into bath and body and we were extremely happy to go as well.  I was sooo good!! I didn't buy really anything...bought a couple of things but lets just put it this way, I used a coupon and didn't go over!  Yep, I walked out of there proud as ever.  
Then later that day we went with another family into Jackson to help pick up a sister in our ward because her car broke down.  We were in the "ghetto's" of Jackson.    There was a Sally Beauty supply and I looked at Mapu and said wanna go shop while Mr. R fixes the car?  Yes of course she did!--so we asked Mr. R if we could take his girls into the store with us haha and he said, "Well...you might not find any products in there that are for your type.  Meaning....its to dangerous so no."  Sister S noded her head agreeing.  Then we all got talking, he said that there was a fast food place up the road (Churches Chicken) that wouldn't let them order any food one time.  They said they don't serve food to white people.  I was amazed!  I didn't even know that segregation still really happened but apparently in this area it did so much that we weren't even allowed out of the car.  Oh and sorry Dad... I found a Piggly Wiggly store and um it's in that part we were in and it's ghetto.  I was sad....but I snapped a picture of it while we drove past because again we weren't allowed to get out of the car.  Krogers is where all the grocery shopping happens here in Clinton.  You ask anyone where they got their food and most will say well at Krogers.  Anyways what an adventure day I learned a lot!  
We had another amazing lesson with Sister L.  I love that woman, she has such a big heart and she loves the lord and want to follow him everyday.  
Last week was kind of a really crazy week--I know this week will be great though we have a full week ahead of us and I can't wait to get started.  I love Clinton and Sister Mapu is awesome.  We get along so well and I really look up to her--for her 1 year 1 month and for my 2 month marks we went to Starbucks to get Hot Chocolate (nothing else).  It was funny because I had no idea we could even be seen in a Starbucks.  I was nervous to go in but I was extremely happy we could!   I was reminded of Mr Travis Jones back at home who drives into Logan every morning so that he can get his Starbuck hot chocolate:)  
Anyways it was a great week and I hope all is well back home.  Hopefully the inversion is starting to get better and everyone is trying to stay warm!  I love this gospel with all my heart and I am honored that I have been called to the work.  I know Jesus Christ is the head of our Church and I know that we have a current Prophet today that is the lords mouth piece on earth.  I just want everyone to know that missionary work is exploding and the lord has called us all to be missionaries.  Whether your on a mission or at home you have been called to the work.  It takes an army of saints to help build the Kingdom of God we can do it!  I love you all so much!  Stay strong and safe:)  
With Sincere Love Sister Jenkins.






haha the BYU shorts are my service shorts.  I found them in my apt and I refuse to get bleach on anything else!  So if anything is going to get ruined it's gonna be the byu shorts


pday laser tag! So fun!


He's got on my shoe!


No comments:

Post a Comment