Monday, April 21, 2014

Hello everyone!!
It's been a pretty crazy week not going to lie. Like I don't even have words to express all that happened this week. But heck, I'll try. Monday we went with Krystal and Pam to Slidell because it was a girls day out:) We really had to be their for a doctors appointment but along with that came a girls day. But, then y'all oh my we hiked Red Bluff. It's like a mini Grand Canyon (that's what everyone here calls it). It's beautiful!!! Like it looked somewhat like a mountain! I was like hey look a little piece of Utah just got picked up and placed right here in the south. It was a fun hike though we went with all the family. Just wait for the ultimate story. But, while we were hiking I asked Christian, "Do y'all have ticks down here?" He replied, "ummm yeah we do." Well, I wasn't too worried at the time. Just wait for it.
Tuesday was great. We had some pretty solid lessons plus we had a legit lesson with our new investigator!! She is truly elect. It might take some time, but hey I would much rather have them be completely solid and strong in the gospel. That way they understand the doctrine and know the church is true. If that takes time so be it. However, Sister Ray and I were making funny faces at her baby while she was in the kitchen for min. Hmmmm the silly faces kinda maybe sorta scared the baby. He started to cry..now the rude thing for me to do was to be like someone that I love and is one of my best friends out here (you know who you are). When baby starts to cry because of a silly face they would make, they would just keep making the baby cry by making more silly faces. Ha! The baby crying encourages them to keep making the face! Sooo I thought about it....did I do it? Yes, I did. It was wrong I know!!! But, our investigator was even laughing:) Life is all good, I mean what is life with out laughter and tears right?
Wednesday well, Sister Bailey got her trunkie papers. It slightly made me freak out because I know my turn isn't very far around the corner. We taught Cindy a recent convert lesson and it went really well. Cindy is sincerely trying. She promised she would always come to church unless she was sick or the baby was sick. But, other then that she promised us and President Lux she would always be there. She came to every event this week that was held at the church too!! In Cindy's words, " I love my church, I know it's true, and I need to be there." to that I say amen and hallelujah.
Thursday we went to a funeral in Picayune for one of the returning members future daughter-in-law. It was such a heartbreaking funeral. Not going to lie, it made me appreciate the plan of salvation a whole lot more. I saw some devastating tears. Literally some of these people had no sense of hope that they would ever see her again. I felt like yelling, "you will!! just listen to us please!" But, I couldn't...that'd be inappropriate, I'm just grateful missionary representation was there.
Friday well we had a great day planned. But did it go at all like what we planned? Nope, not at all. We had planned to go to this one area of Bogalusa. We work that area all the time so it's not like it was anything new. Granted, it's a little sketch but we know we're protected so life is all good. However, we got a really uneasy feeling driving around the area. So we pulled over, prayed, and asked Heavenly Father what it was he wanted us to do at that moment. We knew the area at the time was unsafe to be in. But, where did Heavenly Father want us to go?? We got the huge prompting of, "Go to Franklinton." Okay, well, we try to be good with miles and Franklinton would eat up a lot. However, "you do your best, and I'll do the rest." went through my mind. All three of us knew we needed to go but we were unsure why. The reason came!! We found a less active member that needed us and prayed that someone would come that day! It was great. There's a lot more that happened, but hey there was many reasons as to why we needed to go out there this day.
Now, Sunday was hmmm it was just a normal Sunday until that night. We had some legit investigators at church!! The lessons were simple and perfect for them. But, that night oh my y'all...I noticed a tick!!!! I had a tick on my hip. Was I freaking out? Yes, I was. Thankfully Sister Jones was in town and could pull it out, but seriously? I've never had a tick. Haha during the whole event I kept thinking okay do what Elder Uchdorf said and be thankful! So I tried, it worked:) However, I was still dying on the outside. I wanted to laugh so hard but it was weird!! Then I thought, "if I was a man, I would've taken a picture of this." Well, I didn't. But, I laugh at all the events that have happened to me on this mission. Can you count them all? I sure can. It makes me laugh, you can count on my life to always have a good story. I'm not going to go into details on all that happened that's just embarrassing.
So, y'all it was a fantastic week!! I love this gospel. Sincerely with all my heart. I love being his representative. I love growing and learning. I mean hey, I at least now know how to get rid of a tick;)
Please whatever happens to you on this journey of life never give up!! We are all pressing forward together. You are loved and I know we are never ever alone! God bless y'all! Have a good week.
Love always
Sister Jenkins
 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment