Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Alright y'all here's the scoop of the week--
Monday Krystal and Brett fed us:)  They feed us every Monday and it's the best.  We always manage to have some kind of family home evening at their house.  Krystal always says, "if you can handle this family, you can handle any family."  But, I just roll my eyes and laugh.  I love feeling apart of the family.  I love them so much, I am so thankful that 5 months ago the Lord let me meet them for the first time on during splits with Nana.
Tuesday was good.  We went on visits that were led by Sister Jones.  She is such a great relief society president.  I have so much respect for that woman.  She really is trying to make sure that everyone gets be visited and it's going well.  All the home teaching is coming along, and we were able to go out with her this day.  We went and saw Sister Talley.  I love that woman!! She is so country haha it was nice to see her house in the daytime.  Her and Bro. Talley literally built the entire thing by themselves. They got the logs from the river.  He used a boat and everything to pull them out, in fact he could go through each log used for the house and tell the story of where it came from and how they got it.  Pretty neat eh?  Well, I thought so.  There is also a part member family that we were able to go visit.  We had a great lesson in the front yard, and they came to church on Sunday.
Wednesday was interviews with President McDonough.  Because of the whole leaving our phone in Hattiesburg escapade we are extremely low on miles.  So, we had Nanna take us down to Slidell.  She's the cutest thing, interviews go for quite a while--sometimes 3-4 hours.  But, Nanna just sat in her car the whole time and read the Ensign cover to cover.  I was a little sketch driving with her down their at first, but hey y'all we lived and had a good time.  Nanna is a good driver.  Besides if I can drive down their and we all live, why would I be worried.  Shoot, I'm sure my companions fear for their life everyday.  But, keep the prayers up y'all! They literally protect us on the road....from my driving.  Okay now I'm just digging a whole and making myself sound like I'm the worst driver in the world.  No, it's not that bad.  I drive really well when I'm focused.  In fact y'all would be so proud at what a much better driver I am!  Keep the prayers up, haha...please?  Thank you!
Anyways, Thursday was exchanges.  We had a lot of appointments already planned on, and they went well.  However, it was one of those weird days were a lot of people (in fact most) weren't home.  But, not only did Nana take us to Slidell, but she went on visits with us.  We were supposed to meet her at this hospital to visit a returning member except it wasn't visiting hours yet.  So, we all just hoped in her car and went to visit some people.  That night we had a legit appointment scheduled, but it had to be canceled.  Thankfully we rescheduled for tonight!! I have extremely high hopes for this lesson.  I just know it'll go well.  The woman we are teaching is so elect!  She lives out in Angie so because we have like 7 miles left (thank heavens it's the last day of the month) Sister Talley is taking us out there.  Well, Thursday night the apt. canceled and Sister Talley was already in town.  So once again we randomly went to go visit some people.  However, we just weren't feeling anyone.  So, we said a prayer, five min later Sister Talley was in the drive way.  We told her the dilemma we were in.  Told her we said a prayer and said that we knew she could help us out.  Well, she felt like we should go and visit this woman.  We did, and it was perfect!! Her daughter evidentially was heading into surgery, so we were able to pray with them and give her comfort.  I know that one day this woman will come back to church.  She had the faith to ask for the prayer, that shows us that she is on the right path back.
Oh the 29th...Happy Birthday Grandma!!!  I do believe she has turned what 40??  Yep wow...Grandma you are doing great.  I love and miss you, I'll be seeing you soon so stay strong.  Your always in my daily prayers, I'm glad y'all had a good time celebrating her bday.  But, not only was it Grandma's bday, it was history in the making because the church had it's first Women's Conference ages 8 and older.  Not going to lie I loved it we watched it at the Freemans.  I've gotten to the point where I take less notes (don't gasp) but, I listen more.  The more I listen instead of focus on what I'm going to write the more I learn.  The one thing I really gained was "Stop comparing yourself to other women and love."  Well, I think I really needed to hear that.  I mean I need to hear it daily, but this time especially.  I'm naturally competitive and I sometimes have a hard, extremely hard time not comparing myself.  But, here's the thing as long as I'm trying my hardest my best is good enough.  I learned more of what the word perfect means.  Really the word perfect means complete.  That actually helps a lot...slows down my competitiveness just a tad and allows me to really take each day at a time.  Evaluate my best efforts, reflect, and work towards a better version of myself.
Yesterday...Sunday.  Okay well it was a great day.   We had three investigators at church and well they are all legit and elect!!  Really y'all life is golden right now.  Things are flowing and when the times get tough we just keep on going.  We went Krystal's for Heidi's bday and the entire family was there!! I just sat back and observed and loved life.  Then we went to the Willis's house for dinner.  Sister Ray was pretty sick yesterday so we've been taking care of her. I completely understand what she is going through!! Talk about still in recovery for pneumonia, inhaler and all.  Y'all should see me, you would laugh because I laugh at myself.
I am so grateful for the lessons I am continuing to learn.  I'm grateful for the struggles because they make us stronger.  I feel like my entire mission I've been pushing this giant bolder.  I push and push but it never seems to budge.  However, my own strength is growing.  I am becoming the missionary I always dreamed of becoming!!  Anyways, I love y'all.  Be safe, choose the right, work hard, and live it up.  The church is true.  We have a prophet!!  Life is going to be okay.  Here's a scripture of comfort.
Psalms 45:10 "Be still, and know that I am God."
p.s.  Congrats Carissa for making cheer!! I always knew you would...see so there was no reason to worry.  Kayla, keep pushing through your senior year!! Get good grades and finish strong.  Live it up you two and stay close to the Lord!!
I love you!
Love always Sister Jenkins


No comments:

Post a Comment