Monday, July 7, 2014

What a Wonderful Ride it hasBeen

Well, it's been a ride hasn't it?
I can't believe I have reached the final week of my mission.  In honor of this final week I just want to bear my testimony for this last email.  

I know that Jesus Christ lives.  He is the Savior of the world sent here to do the Fathers will, to save our souls.  I can't express fully the way I feel or how this mission has changed my eternity.  When it all comes down to it, I have learned that nothing during this life matters then preparing our souls to meet God.  Jesus will come again, we will see him and know he is the Christ.  We will one day stand face to face before him to be judged of our works.  This will happen I know it.  I am thankful that because of him, all my sins can be made free. 

"Because of Him guilt becomes peace, regret becomes relief, despair becomes hope, because of him we have second chances, clean slates, new beginnings, there is no such thing as the end because of him."
This is true.  I have felt the atonement work in my life on my mission and I know that I can be clean. I know that this is the true church on earth.  This is literally Jesus Christs own church established by him since everything began.  Doing Jesus Christs will, making our desires his desires, is the single most important thing we can do.  Nothing else matters.  The goal is to live in the Celestial Kingdom, to be with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, and to be with our families for eternity.  

I know that the Book of Mormon is true.  It is not a replacement of the Bible in anyway.  It is simply "Another Testament of Jesus Christ".  It declares Christs gospel in it's perfect simple form. I know through prayer all of us will get the answer that this Book is truth.  Because The Book of Mormon is true, the message of Joseph Smith is true.   I know without a doubt Joseph Smith is a prophet.  He was a vessel on earth for the Lord.  He translated the Book of Mormon and restored all the Priesthood keys (the authority to act in the name of God) through Jesus Christ. Now we have a prophet to day on earth. I sustain and know that President Monson is a prophet.  He is truly a Moses in our day.  This message of the Restoration is our privilege as members of his church to share to the world preparatory to his second coming.

I know that anyone can change and everyone has good in them even if it seems impossible to find.  This message of Jesus Christs gospel isn't news to any of us.  We just have to help our brother and sisters who have never heard the mesage be reminded of it.  
All the turmoil on earth doesn't matter, all the rebellion doesn't matter.  What matters is receiving the gospel (Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End) living it, and never denying it.  Sometimes enduring is the hardest part.  But, we can do it.  Enduring is possible and I know it's worth it.   I know that Jesus Christ loves all of us.  If we could only see us the way he sees us.  He see's our potential when we do not.  He is our cheerleader when we have no one.  He is our forgiver when we are hard to forgive others or ourselves.  

I am sincerely asking all of those who have not yet taken the time to pray for themselves to find out if the Book is true to please pray now.  If you feel you have gone off the path a little it is never to late to come back.  Christs arms are always open.  Our own salvation is more important then anything I can express.  I know we have a Prophet, I know temple work is a real thing where we can be sealed for time an all eternity to our families (Matt 16:19),  I know the Lord is Hastening his work, I know the second coming will soon come, and I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints is the true church on earth there is not a doubt in my mind.  Please pray and ask God what it is you need to do to progress further spiritually.  He truly hears every word, you are his precious child.  
 If there are two things I know for coming home
#1 Heavenly Father loves me
#2 Jesus Christ lives

I am so thankful that I am part of today's "Army of Helaman." All the Elders and Sisters serving throughout the world are fighting for truth to be made known.  We are fighting for the souls of our brothers and sisters that we love.  We are fighting to bring souls unto Christ. Together members, leaders, and missionaries will win the fight.  It has been an honor to wear his name below mine for a year and a half.  I am grateful that for the rest of my life I will be part of this army. May us all be diligent, faithful, and obedient in the things our hearts knows are right.  

2 Nephi 31:20 "Wherefore, is ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life."
D&C 14:7 "If you keep my commandments and endure to the end you shall have eternal life, which gift is the greatest of all the gifts of God."
I know all these things to be true.  
John 12:25 "He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal."

Living eternally with Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and our families is the most important thing.  Because of Jesus Christ it is all possible.  Nothing else matters. I know all these things are true.  In the name of Jesus Christ amen.

These pictures are by Mark Mabry I couldn't help but post a few.

  






No comments:

Post a Comment