Monday, June 30, 2014

Playing Catch Outside the Kitchen Window

Here's the story for the week y'all! We had an awesome experience that happened last night.  Sister Brown and I were determined to get all of our tracting in for the week right?  Well, that required us tracting at a late hour of the day.  But we were determined.  While we were walking, Sister Brown walked past this couple.  She looked at me and said, "do you feel we need to go talk to them?"  I looked over and thought, "Yes."  But, she decided we would talk to them on the way back only if they were there.  We said a prayer in our heart and continued on.  Along the journey, we saw a group of black kids playing some street ball. 
 
Now here's the thing, earlier yesterday we were with a person who hasn't been to church in a long time.  We helped her make some necklaces. However, I was getting sooo frustrated.  I don't know why, but being crafty makes me super stressed!!  We started to tract after we made the necklace, and Sister Brown said, "You were stressed out while making that huh?"  Yes I was!! I don't know why.  Like, most women think that stuff is super relaxing.  But the only thing I can think while being crafty is all the stuff I need to do after I get done.  So then I stress to get it done faster, which stresses me out even more.  Then Sister Brown says, "We just need to find some kids you can play some sports with. That's what's relaxing to you huh?"  I got thinking, all of a sudden I realzied how right she is!!  Everytime we are at a member house and the children are playing catch with a baseball, football, or passing a soccer ball I am always playing with them while Sister Brown talks.  Being active is relaxing to me!! I don't feel stressed when I play a game of catch, frisbee, tennis, soccer, basketball.  Especailly with children, I could play all day. 
 
I've always had this dream. Here's the dream:
One day I will be doing the dishes in the kitchen look out my window and see my future spouse playing catch with a football or baseball in the yard.  That was a dream, all I can picture.  Kind of cheesy but true!!
As of lately, I've realized, why am I dreaming that I will be in the kitchen?  That's not who I am.  Granted I can clean like you wouldn't believe.  But, shoot the dishes can be put on hold!  I will be out their playing catch with my husband and child.  Why would I stay inside...when I can be active with the ones I love outside.  Nothing is more relaxing and less stressful to me then that. 
 Anyways back to the story...bunch of black kids playing some street ball.  Well, I'm not going to say this was my first time playing street ball.  Hey I might not be very good, but it's so fun to play with the kids.  So we did.  Haha I bet they thought we were crazy...especailly cause were two white girls in skirts.  But, I don't care I loved them and playing with them. 
 
Now, on the way back, we walked past the house where the couple was, and guess what?  They both were there!!  We of course stopped.  We taught the entire restoration and they said they believed it all without a doubt.  It was amazing!!  Sister Browns eyes got super teary:)  I love her.  We have such a great companionship and we teach very well together.  But, we've been invited to come back this week.  So we'll let y'all know how that was:)  I have a strong testimony on everyone is in our life for a reason.  If we are always striving to have the spirit with us, we will always be in the right place at the right time.  No one is placed in our path by accident.  I love this gospel!! We are ready for a week of work as I continue to sprint to the finish.
Love y'all always.
Love Sister Jenkins
 
 
 
 
Lovable Poodle!
 
 So this one time I made a pancake for Sister Brown
 
and she loved it
 
Do I looked stressed?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment