Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Hey Everyone!!
It was such a good week in the mission field!! It was great to be able to see my family for mothers day!! It made it so I can do the next 7 months. I can't believe how quickly time continues to fly but I know one thing I am suppose to be here without a doubt.
This week was a little bit crazy. Sister Keyes and I are trying to save miles. We are going to have so many referrals after this Gladys Knight event that if we used all of our miles that would just be a poor decision. So we "budgeted" our miles...which required us to have to bike all day for two days in a row. Well...that's exactly what we did!! The hills in MS are a little crazy..Up and down up and down. But it was a great experience none the less.
There was a prank pulled on Sister Keyes..Finally a prank pulled on someone else besides me! She had to use Elder Green's bike because she doesn't have one yet. But she didn't have a helmet so we asked them to drop off the helmet at our place while we were out working. When we got back We looked down at this helmet and honestly it was the ugliest helmet i had ever seen, but I never said anything. It was a "skater" helmet and I thought, "Poor Sister Keyes...I already feel like a dork riding around all day on my bike in a skirt, with my gps surround wrapped to my bike..but now she has to wear this ugly helmet." But since it was all we had she wore it. I couldn't help but laugh--we get home Tuesday night and we get a txt from one of our ward members telling us to look in the cupboard about our laundry.. sure enough there was a normal looking helmet. It was sooo funny!! She laughed it off and we went about the rest of the night.
I learned that we def need to plan our wear abouts geographically just like we do with a car...haha it was so tiring! We went back and forth back and forth all day. I felt like the worst trainer ever! I didn't even think about planning it out geographically....I thought my legs could take me everywhere and back! I didn't even think that it would be difficult I was just excited to get on my bike...three hours later..I thought...well hey at least we got good exercise despite my lack of being able to plan our route so we could not be as tired.
Anyways this week have been doing a lot of tracting trying to get everyone excited and ready for Gladys Knight!! I know its going to be an amazing experience and its going to change a lot of lives!! It will be a wonderful night to remember. Its critical that we get people there!
We had a really cool experience of praying about where to go tracting and when we prayed then looked at the map Sister Keyes and I pointed to the same place. We went there and a lady really needed us this day. Turns out her mom got hit by a car and we arrived just in time to talk with her and pray with her family. She is going to come to Gladys Knight and her mother thankfully is now doing better. It was an amazing and spiritually led experience.
p.s....do you all know the picture with the Elders and Karl Malone...well three of those missionaries are our missionaries in Mississippi!! It's Elder Brinkerhoff, Elder Bendel, and Elder Anderson. Fun fact.
D...... came to church again!! it was great to have her and I felt Sister Keyes and I are really being blessed through our obedience and hard work in gathering people together for this event. I love being a missionary--I really do it means the world to me and I love the people out here. I know this is the gospel and to my sweet family I loved praying with you even if I am thousands of miles away. It was a spiritual experience to remember and I will never ever forget it. Mom I love you and I hope you had a wonderful mothers day.
This is the gospel of Jesus Christ! He is truly the head of our church.
You all be safe and I'll talk to you next week!
Love Sister Jenkins
an awesome hedge we found..

This frog we found! i caught it and named it "Celestino" Elder Celestino was on the phone when we caught it.




Dinner at our place:)

Polka dot tie...and Polka dot Toms at waffle house:)

...a cake hedge....

I surround wrapped the gps to my bike...

eating ice cream...then...this happened

.used the ghetto bathroom in sonic to wash off my face
all clean. With Sister Bender:)

.Keyes with the flowers from Green (he's leaving next week its his apology for all the pranks).

.They sprayed the flowers with Fabreze to make them smell good...It worked!!

Saying goodbye to Claire:( We will be good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment