Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Hey y'all!!
What a week..full of different experiences that I am so thankful for.  Monday was a great memorial day! I hope everyone remembered our soldiers and remembers how blessed we are to be apart of this country.  In the Book of Mormon it says over and over again..."If ye keep the commandments ye shall prosper in the land."  I know that if we put our faith in God that we will prosper more abundantly
Tuesday came around and I was still not able to do a ton however.... we did go to the doctor and he gave me this wonderful Boot to wear!  He said that yes it's broken but in about a month I should be walking with the boot.  It was all just a relief and my prayers were all answered.  I felt so much love and I knew that I am supposed to learn a lot from this experience.  I read Alma 26 and it was such a comforting chapter and made me realize that this is just a trial and I will finish this mission strong!  I love my mission so much....I love the ward and I couldn't ask to be in a better place.  I have learned so much and can't express all the love I feel for this ward taking such good care of me.  I don't deserve it.  I really don't and I feel like when this injury has healed it has motivated me to just work even harder then before.  All I want to do is run sometimes...haha it's rough but there are so many things to be thankful for that I can still do the work with a smile.
Wednesday was an emotional day...we lost two of our progressing investigators because they simply aren't ready.  All district meeting I could feel that they were not going to accept the message yet.  It was a really good district meeting.  I hopped along with my crutches and we were able to have a special visit from President and Sister McDonough!  I love them so much...they make me so happy and I love listening to President McDonough he is so wise and all of his advice I take to heart.
Thursday we went out to Raymond.  I know that my days in Clinton are getting short....so I told Bro. Kynerd that and all the work that has been done in Clinton was worth this one comment, "You have touched our lives more then you know and have left your mark on our hearts."  I almost started to cry.   That made my heart swell with joy....--I worked all day Thursday and it was interesting with a cast.  I tried tracting and we got into one door.  The man was so nice!!  I love the south:)
Friday I worked all day again....not so smart still..  haha I weeded a potential investigators yard with one foot in my proselyting clothes!! I don't like just sitting there and watching...I had to help somehow.
Honestly it was a really good week.  There's so much to say and my mind just can't grasp all of it.  However--I am thankful I am here with all my heart.  I know that every trial is a blessing and we can overcome all.  The lords hand is in all things!! That is very evident and I know that without a doubt.  Thank you all for all you do.
Love Sister Jenkins

Just me!

Watermelon....yep my favorite fruit in the world...I could eat a whole one.  Mississippi has the best watermelon in the U.S.!! They are famous for it:) another reason I was called her.  Watermelon competitions...bring it on.

Yep...I tracted in this boot...it was SO hot!

The trio!

My Favorite Pic!  I love these ladies!

"THE BOOT!!  The ward members started signing it:)

Sister Zemp and I

Sister Keyes is an amazing cook!

Tommy, the most humble person I will ever know.

The BOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment