Monday, June 10, 2013

Hey y'all!!
Wow what a great week!! So many things happen each week that it's hard to gather my thoughts and really think of specific things to write about...so how about we just start with Monday?  Cool?  Cool...
Monday--Monday was fun we went to FHE with the Jackson Branch and we were able to have a really good time.  I always love going to the Jackson Branch--it's so different then the Clinton Ward but what's cool is even though the people are so different the gospel and the doctrines
Wednesday--Wednesday really changed the perspective of the week.  Elder Maddox our district leader is really great on how he teaches. I learn so much about being a bold missionary from him!!  This week we really are making a goal to invite everyone to baptism within the first 2-3 min of approaching them.  It's a very different approach but President really likes it and it is changing a lot of things.  It's a very scary thing sometimes to randomly go up to someone...connect the gospel to their life then invite them to be baptized with a brief background on who we are it's crazy but so bold and I love it.
Thursday we went to Brandon to meet with President! Before we went for companion study we planned that we would sing "I am a child of God" to one of our investigators.  The practice was really good and we decided we would sing it for President..we didn't really want an audience.  Well...it came time to sing it for President...and president says, "well lets get an audience together...."  so the AP's and all the Senior Couples came in!  Next thing we know...we sang the song with 5 verses..(and there is only 3) cause we kept messing up and then...the AP's though it would be a great idea to have all three of us sing that at Zone Conference this week!  Keyes and Zemp were dying!! haha So no the trio is singing at Zone Conference this week!  It will be a good story.  Then at the end President says, "I love songs with 5 versus...:)"  Yeah.....this should be good.   Later that day we had an aweome lesson with our investigator and we sang to her and she loved it!!
Friday--We did service for one of our ward members and Friday was our ward Family game night.  We had an investigator come and he was awesome!! He even sang Karaoke a bit...Since we can't sing "songs of the world" haha we sang amazing grace....it was really funny!
Saturday we were able to go out and find a bit.  We posted hearts all over Dorothy's door and told her how much we loved her.  She called us back saying, "Sister Jenkins! You are the only one that can get away with things like that!  But I want y'all to know, y'all made my day and I will see you at church sunday.  It was the cutest message ever!  I really love that lady--I love it here so much...and heart attacking her door was a very good idea:)
Sunday we subbed for singing time in primary!! I loved every second...I love children so much! Later Sunday... I was able to throw the crutches down for a bit and tract!! I tracted...in my boot without my crutches.  It was the greatest feeling ever...while we were tracting...a Mississippi rain storm suddenly happened.  Well...there is no point of trying to run to get out of it...we brought umbrellas...even though they didn't seem to do much good haha we were still soaking wet from head to toe in less then 5 min.  What I found a little sad was....we tracted the entire street in that pouring rain...my giant boot for my ankle was all wet and we were determined to find someone.  Sadly we didn't...and the one couple that let us in called "Jon Smith" a kook!  I felt that fire in my soul start to burn as I was yelling at myself in my head not to yell at him because it was a very nice thing of these two to do by letting us in.  "They have hatred by the traditions on their fathers."  That's what I have to keep telling myself.  It's not they're fault....really it's what they've been taught.
Overall it was a really good week...what week isn't?!  This gospel is truly the way for eternal happiness.  I have never been happier in all my life.  I am so grateful and blessed for this opportunity to serve.  I KNOW....Joseph Smith was the first prophet of the RESTORED gospel.  I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior.  I love him he is my best friend. Stay safe...enjoy your summer!! I'll talk to y'all next week!
Love Sister Jenkins

Rainbow! So pretty!

Last time with Sister Ray:(It was raining sooo bad Sunday--we asked a lady we met to take this...

It was raining sooo bad Sunday--we asked a lady we met to take this....

We literally hiked through a small pond to get to this pourch...Zemp tried to give me a piggy back...yep I was tracting in my boot in the rain!

Proof of tracting in my boot!

Elevating my boot in the car soaking wet after tracting...yep..still a dork

Jackson Branch FHE!

They all put lipstick on us!

Rootbeer floats!  YUM!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment