Tuesday, September 3, 2013







Hey Everyone
So once again another week has flown on by in the mission field. I feel like sometimes I really sound repetitive soo...haha well I am sometimes but hey that's these emails for ya. Anyways we'll start off with the beginning of the week.
Tuesday was great we had dinner with the Perez family. The Perez family is the family that Sister Williams and I ran into on our bikes one day. Ever since 9 weeks ago we have developed a great relationship and I love that family. They really do love the missionaries and they have this beautiful little boy. We are going over to their house this week to see him because he's been out of town for awhile and they are having a big family gathering that we are all invited to.
Wednesday-Sister Welch went on exchanges and I was with once again Sister Jenkins:) Its so fun haha we tell everyone we literally are sisters. But Wednesday we set up a booth at USM and were able to talk to all the college students! It made me miss school but I got over it and enjoyed sharing the gospel with these people. We were able to find a lot of potential investigators that we have a couple appointments with this week. We will see how this goes:) But we had a candy bowl....and well it was really funny because honestly at first I felt a little awkward because I didn't really know what to do. But then all of a sudden Elder Palmer said, "Jenkins go gather people and tell them to come to our booth." Well, when someone gives me a challenge of course I will accept! So I took the candy bowl...went straight to the opening of the doors and started to tell people to go check out our awesome booth because we sure do have good news they will want to hear. It worked!! Kinda funny at how many people we were able to talk with after that but hey it worked and everyone in the end got a piece of candy and an apt to hear some good news!
Thursday was really good--The Spanish Elders gave us a challenge once again! Every Thursday in our mission we all ride bikes. It's something we call "Thirsty Thursday". Well, Sister Welch and I were out of copies of the Book of Mormon, so we had to steal some from the Spanish Elders. We rode over on our bikes and they came out and handed us 10 copies! Um...k well all we had were our backpacks and bikes. Then that's when the challenge of handing them all out came. Guess what....it happened:) The challenge was successfully complete and we found a lot of new investigators. It was such a blessed day! A very hot and tiring day but hey when I go to bed reflecting on a hard days works I feel successful as a missionary.
The weekend was great. We really decided that all of our members are mostly home on the weekends so we will take a lot of time visiting them. Ward relationships are so important!! Sister Welch really have a desire to get the ward "missionary minded". We've realized that by having the ward talk with us individually unties the ward somehow.
Yesterday the Barlows came down to see me! It was such a wonderful surprise. I love that family and I love how missionary minded they are. That family is such a blessing in my life.
Anyways. I know this is the true gospel and I know we must all continue to endure!! "Press forwards saints with steadfast faith in Christ." Stay Strong y'all. Love you always!
Love Sister Jenkins




No comments:

Post a Comment