Wednesday, September 18, 2013

















Hey y'all!!
It was a really good week--
Sister Welch and I are really loving the ward and it is becoming a family to us.  I can't believe that another week has gone by.
So Tuesday was good.  Sister Welch and I had an idea to make some posters to hang up around the campus of USM.  We didn't get to that till thursday but we are trying really hard to come up with new finding ideas.  Well, we haven't had any phone calls or anything from the posters but we will see what happens. A ward member gave us the idea to hold a weekly, question and answer panel on campus that only the missionaries teach but it'd have to be through a student.  But we are praying about it.  Personally I think it'd be a really good idea if it was "advertised" the right way.  People are always questioning the "Mormons" either that or they are just assuming.  What better way to teach people about the gospel as well as clarify a couple things by having a panel on campus?  So we will see what happens with this brand new idea. 
Wednesday we went on exchanges with Sister Clark.  We went and tried a bunch of people but in missionary work a lot of people are never home.  But either way we still tried and were able to talk to a bunch of people.  We love Sis. Clark we met this guy by her apt and watching her bear her testimony to him while giving him a Book of Mormon brought tears to my eyes.  It's the best seeing members get excited about missionary work.  We have an amazing Sister in the ward who is currently preparing to go on a mission.  Her husband passed about a year ago and I greatly admire her.  But she is like family to us.  We go over and read from PMG with her and talk about the gospel.  Yesterday she confirmed to us that she got her answer to really go on a mission and it made my day! I am so happy that the lord is really hastening this work.  The gospel is truly going to every nation and every person will really get the opportunity to hear it.  But that's why every hour of every day we have to be trying.  At home I wish I prayed for more missionary experiences.  If you pray for one as scary as it might be you will get one. 
Thirsty Thursday Mom's Bday!!  we were able to ride our bikes all over the place once again. We were non-stop in apts all day and I loved it! I love it when we are consistently with apts. We were able to hang up the posters on campus and then go have lunch with and investigator and her friends.  College students are the best and they are so open to what we are teaching!  Anyways we met a couple of weirdos today though...we taught this one guy who proceeded to call us 8 times after the lesson.  We then realized we probably shouldn't go back haha. 
Friday we were able to teach Tori!  We love Tori and she now has a baptismal date--it's been awhile but she came to church again on Sunday and we just love her.  She is such a humble person and she really just wants to do the right thing always.  We couldn't be more proud of her. 
Anyways I'm not going to go through every detail of the week but once again it was a really good week. 
I love this gospel and I love being able to watch small miracles happen everyday.  I have been really writing at least 3 miracles in my journal daily and I love seeing at how much Heavenly Father blesses me and the lives of others.  We truly do have so much to be thankful for. I say it all the time but this mission has truly saved my life in more ways then one.  I love the people of Mississippi and I love being able to have such a high calling in my life at this time.  It's truly an honor.  I know this is Jesus Christs Church.  Not one doubt about it in my heart and that testimony continues to grow.  When you don't think it can grow any more it does.  Anyways y'all be safe. I love you!
Love always
Sister Jenkins




No comments:

Post a Comment