Wednesday, September 18, 2013








Hey y'all!!
Okay so it was a really really good week in the mission field. I can't believe it's already Sept. time is continuing to fly on by. I like it but at the same time I really don't. I love the mission even at it's hardest times. I may not like the hard times but I heard a quote by a fellow sister that says, "Today's trial is tomorrows testimony." I love that because no matter what trials we go through we always gain a greater testimony in the end because of it and we always come out stronger. A good friend I am not allowed to listen to out here says it best--"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." Anyways successful week.
Wednesday was a really good day:)--we were in charge of activity days and we gave all the girls (five of them) copies of the Book of Mormon. They all wrote there testimonies in it and prayerfully thought of who they could give it too. The whole activity was on "Preparing to go on a mission" I look back and think man if I could have been as missionary minded as some of these adorable girls are I wouldn't have been a lot better off!! Really these girls are future missionaries! All of them raised their hands and said they wanted to go on a mission! The lord truly is hastening his work like crazy. We are truly as the Army of Helaman.
Thursday we were able to have a really good talk with one of our investigators who currently goes to USM. That's where we met her was at our booth on campus. She is adorable!! Such a good Christian woman. She had her two friends there and she fed us all lunch. She is a great example for me. Really--I look up to these ladies out here who are around my age doing way more with their life then I ever saw in mine at home. But now ever since being out here I see so much more clearly. Nothing...nothing is impossible with God. We truly can do anything we want to do or dream of doing if its a righteous desire and it's gods will. Anyways we will get to see her again this week and we are really excited.
Thursday was an exciting day to be honest. We were on our bikes and got caught in a Mississippi rain storm:) Haha basically you'll be drenched with in 15-20 seconds no joke. Well..we were in the middlle of what seemed to be no where but haha there was a nice gas station close by. A man rolled down his window and said, "Y'all enjoy the rain now!" haha we couldn't do anything but laugh. Well Thursday we went to see a sweet member in our ward. Her name is Sister Gunn and we love to help her and visit with her. We've really been focusing on "The Plan" and we decided to ask Sister Gunn for referrals--she gave us four!! and they were all within her apt complex. Soo we went around it--3 of them weren't interested. However--the lords timing is perfect!! We knocked an the lady answered, "SISTER MISSIONARIES! perfect timing please come in and sit down." K the house smelt strongly of smoke but we were soo happy to go on in. She had a friend with her and her friend was crying. Apparently life has been really hard and we couldn't have come at a better time. We were able to comfort her with the lords words and leave a prayer. Katherine was so happy we were there all she could do was smile and all her friend could do was thank Heavenly Father and cry. She gained faith that day by knowing that God really does care and is aware of her needs. Thank heavens we listened to the spirit to go contact these referrals right away instead of get on our bikes and take off.
We've been really getting connected with the ward lately which I have absolutely loved!! We teach them and I love this ward.
Saturday was great--first off stake conference in this area was rock solid and I loved the speakers. Not only that but the Perez family came to church and Tori came to church too. It was such a great sight! The Perez family fed us Friday night and I loved it. Their little boy Caden is home and he is the cutest three year old. I love that age I really do. Every time we teach a family with a 3 year old I always think of my class that I student taught in last year.
Anyways the work is going good. It's always hard work but in the end it's always great work that pays off. This is truly the greatest calling and I am so thankful I am able to be apart of this army. I love y'all so much hang in there this week.
Alma 36:3
Love forever Sister Jenkins




No comments:

Post a Comment