Thursday, December 19, 2013

10 days till Christmas wahoo!!
Well it was a really really good week I must say so. But okay sooo we've really been working a lot with the three that are getting baptized this up coming weekend!! We couldn't be more excited for them. Their understanding of the gospel is just amazing. Krystal fed us on Thursday and we all went over to their house. It was so much fun teaching them the lesson "The gospel". I tried a new experiment to show what repentance was with bleach, food coloring, and water. Well, it was very interesting haha....it basically failed when I first did it. Haha the bleach is supposed to make the food coloring disappear and make the water clear again. Well, I didn't put enough bleach in and the water turned green! Then I said, "Can we just pretend that the water is clear?" the children all go, "No, it's green the repentance didn't work!" Well hmm clearly that's not true because repentance ALWAYS works. So we did the experiment over again.
So this time we repented sincerely" well it worked!! Overall they understood the concept. We had fun growing closer with the family we love everyone it in:) The three girls that are in this family love us too. Right when we get to the door they are all there ready to give us hugs and we love it!
Friday Nanna (Fannie Taylor) met with us again:) I love that woman she is such a great example in my eyes. She's been through so much and our branch basically exists because of her and her husband. But a lot of her family are returning members and they are all amazing. We have all grown close to them and consider them our family. Things are changing in this branch and its through the love and the hand of the lord. Nanna bore her strong testimony on family work. She also always says, "Before the gospel entered my life I only existed. I had no life to me. But when I finally received the truth, that is when my life began. When I entered into the waters of baptism for the LDS church I actually felt cleansed from my sins. I knew this was the true church of God when the missionaries first appeared at my door." Her testimony makes my heart swell because I know the words she speaks to be true.
Friday was a miracle sort of day--but I love it when I truly listen to promptings. I know I do all the time but I love it when they are distinct. All of our apts fell through and our double back ups to our backs-ups fell through also. So we decided to go see the Landrums. consequentially they weren't home either. So as we were driving away I looked at this house and thought they had a really pretty Christmas tree in the window. But my heart was searching for who we should go see next. I had a constant prayer asking who was next. But then right after I looked at that house with the tree I thought, "you should go knock on that door." But, no that couldn't be right....really? Just pull over to go knock on the door? Well, why not? But we were too far away down the block and I figured Sisters Baker and Mygrant had something in mind. Well, they didn't and we pulled over the car to say a prayer. After we prayed we sat in silence and I didn't dare speak up because I still felt prompted to go knock on the door. But I knew I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't speak up. "Um...hey y'all I know it's a little way's back but there was a house I feel prompted to go knock on by the Landrums." Well, in a min we were off!! We pulled up to the house and my heart was nervous!! I knew someone would answer but I couldn't find the words to say and I felt so unprepared. But thankfully the scripture Matt 10:!9-20 kept going through my head. "Take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what y shall speak." I knew the right words would come. Well, we knocked an sure enough a man came to the door. The words flowed!! and we taught him the restoration. He needed to know God was aware and that there is truth out there. He told us to come back because he wants to learn more so hopefully he will start to progress! We got to the car and the spirit was really strong. I know that we truly are instruments in the Lords hands. We are working WITH him and we have to remain obedient and worthy to follow promptings and to speak with power from the spirit.
Saturday was really good--We went over to Pams house and we all watched the Testaments with the children. They were all there because Krystal and Brett were in Slidell--but they liked the movie haha we think but to end the night off we all had a pillow fight! How nothing was broke in Pams house we will never know! But it was so much fun:) I love this branch so much!
Anyways it was a really good week--at church yesterday went really well, the Hintons from Hattiesburg came to speak to us and I was asked to sing a solo. Well, I was sick of course!! Everytime I am ever asked to sing I get sick....I don't understand why but thankfully my voice wasn't gone so I did alright. But then we went to go visit a non-member family and well the guy wanted to fight with us the entire time about Joseph Smith and things I don't even want to talk about. But all I got to say is my heart was about ready to pound out of my chest and I really wanted to yell at him. But I didn't we said a prayer and left because there is no use in arguing with people who only have intentions of arguing and well there's just simply no point in trying to teach him. We left that house pretty quick. Contention just drives the spirit away and we needed to leave we weren't arguing but he was being pretty rude. So we just asked if we could say a prayer and left. To end the day off at 6 we went tracting and it was really cold!! But Louise a cute little widow let us in and we talked and sang for her. It was a good way to end the night:)
But overall Christmas is in 10 days and well I am basically so excited!! I only wonder why:) But this gospel is amazing. I love the scriptures!! Study time is basically one of my most favorite time of day. But y'all have a good week. I know this is the true church of Jesus Christ. May we always have him in our hearts.
I love you
Love Sister Jenkins
 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment