Monday, May 12, 2014

A Poem to Mom

There is a Woman I Love and Know

There is a woman I love and know
Who gave me all and watched me grow.
She tickled my arm and sang me to sleep most nights.
And magically healed my mosquito bites.

She watched me on my three wheel trike
Then pushed me on my two wheel bike.
This woman was always there.
Every dance, soccer, piano, and tennis practice she took me to with care.
Not a game missed, nor a recital unseen.
My silent hero got everything on screen.

This woman taught me the gospel is true.
 My Savior is someone she always knew
From the time I was young to the time I am now, 
Mom was my example and always showed me how.
Precious prayers were always said,
On our knees, right by a bed.

Walking quietly out of the room after saying goodnight,
and making sure we were just right.
Softly saying while shutting the door,
"I love you Mom." "I love you more."

Now here I am away from the woman I love and know.
Bringing others unto Christ and watching them grow.
Because of her love and example I am here today.
Thank you Mom for always showing me the way.

-Sister Celeste Jenkins
Mississsippi Jackson Mission



My Mother is beautiful!
My parents together are my hero's but this is a mothers day post:)




No comments:

Post a Comment