Monday, May 19, 2014

Look Closer at Their Hearts

Hey everyone!
So this week..well, it was a really good week.  A lot happened.  But, I honestly don't really know where to start or what to say.  I feel like this email is going to take a lot okay you gotta let the peeps know whats going on.  Sooo now that I just talked myself into it, here goes the email.

Monday...by the way I get super made fun of by the Elders that I type basically Monday through Sunday but I don't care.  My family and friends gotta know what's going on. 
Soo lets start with Monday:  PDAY!!  I love pday--if people ever ask me what my favorite part about missionary work is I'll say all the spiritual stuff.  But, not going to lie sometimes, okay a lot of times Pday goes through my mind.  So we played tennis with Bailee today and made a pretty legit lunch.  But, we had an awesome lesson with a Glady's Knight referral.  We scheduled to be back this upcoming week so we'll see how this goes.  The Storr family fed us tonight and their little boy gave the cutest answer to, "What does the Holy Ghost feel like to you?"  He replied, "Baptized!"  It was adorable and he is right.  The Holy Ghost helps us feel clean and forgiven when we repent.  It's soo true--way to answer. 

Tuesday we went out with Mattie and ran into a couple of less actives that are totally willing to let us come back. It was cold this day!! Like..what the heck cold in the South at this time of year?  My feet were supper cold.  We walked into a memebers home in the middle of visiting all these people.  Sister Saunders had some peanuts and ovaltine.  It looked suuper good and all I wanted to do was drink some ovaltine and eat peanuts but I knew we couldn't.  We had to be off and working, which is exactly what we did. 
We tracted this trailer park today and we knew there was a reason to be there we just weren't sure what that reason was.  So with faith, we kept going and door after door no one was answering or no one was willing to talk to us.  But, we saw these people sitting outside smoking and we felt prompted to walk over and talk to them.  At first we were suppper hesitant but, we decided to get up our courage and go over to talk to them.  When we went over, they let us teach them the restoration.  Then the woman said that she was pregnant and really wanted to stop smoking.  We offer a stop smoking workshop!! So it was perfect.  It literally is a miracle that we ran into her and started to talk to her.  She's really worried about her baby mostly because it's a miracle she's able to have one.  Right before her stop smoking workshop on Friday we knew that someone needed to be with us as we taught her.  But, no one was coming to our minds.  We had to go to Wally World to get the stuff for her workshop.  Well, I lost an item of significant importance.   So we had to rush back to the apartment to find it.  45 min later we found it, which I don't understand why because I looked where we found it underneath the chair in our car about 5 times.  But at this moment we found it.  So, we go back to Wally World and Sister Saunders is parked right across from us.  Was this a sign??  So, we asked her what she was doing at one and she said, "nothing."  Then she told us she would love to come help with the workshop!  Can you say prayer answered or what?

I really don't want to go through the rest of the days, but I did learn from a member the importance of fellow shipping in this church.  Seriously y'all we need each other for support and love.  Like, lets be honest if all of us didn't have at least one friend, going to church would be really hard.  We met a wonderful lady who all she wants is someone to love her for her mistakes.  Yes, Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father love her for who she is.

 Aren't we as members supposed to act as Christ word and stand as his witness at all times and in all things and in all places? Mosiah 18:9-10.  If we are to stand as witness's of him then we should be friends with those that need a friend.  Let us all open our eyes to those people who seem so independent that they don't need anyone.  I think too often that we always remember those who "seem" to not have any friends.  But, do we become friends with those that we are jealous of?  Are we friends with those that we are intimidated by? Despite what a person looks like or what they seem to have, look closer at their hearts.  I know a lot of woman especially that seem to have the world.  They "seem" to have everything and more.  Yet do they receive love from others? Don't over look these wonderful people who have struggles just like everyone else.  "Don't judge me because I sin differently then you."  It isn't right to judge.  I get that we all have these feelings of insecurity and like we aren't good enough to be someones friend.  But, you are!  You just have to try and if they don't accept it that's their choice.  So...that's what I have to say about that.  Just love people gosh dang it! No matter how they look, no matter how rich or how poor they are, no matter what we should love one another as Jesus loved us.  Besides...the 2nd coming is on it's way.  So why do we let our stupid insecurities, emotional weaknesses, pride, and all the natural man feelings that we feel get in the way?  You are a child of God gosh dang it!! You are loved beyond comprehension.  Your plan is not someone else's plan so get over yourself and love.  But, in the end we all want to go to the same place and live with the same God.  I think we are all a little to easily offended sometimes.  Offense, contention...doesn't matter!  The only thing that matters is the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Understand?  Good. I don't really know who this rant was to..maybe it was to myself I don't know.  I just know how much happier we'd all be if there was more love then envy and jealousy.

This visit seriously made me feel all these things I just stated.  I guess I just had to let it out. 
The Elders pulled a ridiculous prank on us this week.  They told us that one of the Elders (Elder Loftin) was apostate.  Which didn't make sense because he is a great missionary.  So Sister Brown and I freaked out because they were making Elder Loftin sound like this awful missionary!  NO correction...Elder Loftin even made himself seem that way.  But, he's not I can't believe we believed them.  Like, I was literally trying to see in my mind when he's been an apostate missionary but their was nothing.  But, then my mind like made myself believe that their were signs of his disobedience....but there was none!!  We believed them though.  Like Elder Jones would tell us he has movies and swims etc.  It made Sister Brown cry!! Then Elder Loftin claimed he had movies!! I started to almost cry..but I was too mad to cry.  I was ready to blow up and get mad, I kind of did.  That just isn't acceptable. 
We then realized it was all a prank, a pretty mean prank.  So for the record the Elders are obedient missionaries!  They were just freaking us out Elder Jones is a funny guy that makes jokes, and Loftin is just a tall guy that loves cats I mean earlier that night we saw a cat take a nap on his shoes.  Soooo how could they even be bad?  They aren't!!  There's that humors joke for the week.

So, I hope y'all had as good of a week as I did.  The Glass girls graduated!! We went to their house for lunch and I felt like this was Heavenly Fathers way of letting me see my little Sister Graduate.  Bailee reminds me a lot of Kayla...so Kayla I know it's not the day of graduation yet.  But, I am SOOO proud of you babe!!! 
I love y'all.
Have a fantastic week.
Love always Sister Jenkins









No comments:

Post a Comment