Monday, February 18, 2013


Hello Everybody!!
I hope you all had a wonderful Valentines Day! Shout out to Miss CeAnn C! I can't believe your engaged girl actually I can...I knew it was coming:) Gosh I am soo happy for you!!! When's the offical date? Anyways what a week in the mission field. The beginning of the week I was on exchanges with Sister V haha her last name is hard to spell. Anyways it was really good!--We went and visited with her daughters--We baked Valentine day cookies it was really fun and fun just to be with them. The other people we talked two were their investigators not Mapu's and mine. But it was awesome because I was able to explain what we believe grace is to them. Mapu and I were studying this a couple of days before and we came to the conclusion that our definition of grace is that you take a lake....and you are at one end and Christ is on the other. Instead of you swimming half way across and Christ meets you in the middle and takes you the rest of the way. He is with you at the begining of the lake--and he is helping you every time you start to fall--he assists you the entire way while you are trying your hardest. It was so great!! I loved it. Also it was a little wierd because they showed us their entire shelf of animals they have creamated! That's was a little wierd to me....okay actually it was really weird but hey they love their pets and I can't judge.
I told you all about the prank sooo I don't need to write about that. But we tracted quiet a bit this week--It was amazing at how many times I was able to bear my testimoney about the gospel. Sister Mapu and I had a really good time. My favorite line is those that look at us and say, "Na I'm good I've been saved and I'm a christian." haha Sister Mapu always looks at them and says....Well good!! We are Christians too:)
But Valentines day was great!--We at Sister S's house and we she was soo cute!! She gave us all little missionary valentine day boxes--the dinner was so good we had chicken pockets with heathy fruit and veggies. I love that lady she reminds me a lot of home.
This week we were also able to do some service in Jackson. We were having a rough day and no appointments were coming through then we went to Jackson. This lady just moved into her house and the Jackson Branch's relief society president told us to come and help. So in our skirts we started stripping wall paper. They had an oven all heated up in the kitchen because it was cold. Mom remember all those times we stripped wall paper?? Yeah I felt pro. Mapu and I were doing work. I love service!! I feel so good after we help someone and....Mapu and I always make it fun:)
Sorry this email is probably going to be a little bit short, but I love the gospel so much!! This mission is the best. I love being out here, I love the people I meet, and I love the people I serve with:) You all have a great week. Your constantly in my prayers and I am thinking of you. Stay warm. The Church is true and the gospel is simple, pure, and perfect!
Sincerely Sister Jenkins

So here is the prank of the week---I suppose our elders always have to pull one and it always happens to be on me!!
About two weeks ago I was playing the organ at this ladies house and apparently Elder Green (way before I ever showed up) --well they came back from her house letting me know that she thinks Elder Green plays the organ better....He's never played before!! I was ticked....So then sunday came and we told Bishop that story and we were all laughing. Then--someone had the wonderful idea to have a "Piano off" Yep...it was between Elder Green and I. Well...I played a river flows in you and he played a Jon Schmidt song "waterfall" of course he won!! Any Jon Schmidt song is awesome. But that still doesn't mean he's the better pianst/organist. Well..Green and Miligan knew I was mad he won. The next day we went on exchanges and when I got home we played soccer and on the way home I get a text from Bishop saying, "sorry we I didn't mean to call you, but I do need to talk to Sister Jenkins to tell her that we will not be needing her to play the organ this week. Since we know Elder Green can play we will give him a chance." I was really annoyed....but I texted back happy and said, "haha okay awesome. Thank you!" That night I prayed so hard to have a humble heart and love towards the Elders because I was mad because Elder Green is playing the organ and he doesn't even play! We...come Wednesay and it is district meeting and while we are sitting there Elder Blomquist (district leader) says, "Well, rumor has it in our district that there was a little competition between and Elder and a Sister this week. (I was mad that he even brought it up) Could we have Elder Green and Sister Jenkins come up here please?" Blomquist pulled out two trophies one really tall and shiny one and one really weird and dusty one. Then he hands the tall one to Elder Green saying Congratulations for winniing the competition. You get first place and the biggest trophie. It even said in marker, "Elder Green 1st place." Then he handed me the dusty trophy and it said, "Sister Jenkins 2nd place." I was so mad!!! We had an awesome district meeting after that but really?? haha wow...
Well then the story gets better....we went to Taco Bell for lunch. When I came back to sit after ordering Elder Miligan says, "Hey Bishop called us telling us that he called you." So I check my phone and sure enough two missed phone calls from bishop. I immediatly called back. Well he answered...but I look over and it's Elder Miligan talking, "Hello this is Bishop and we won't be needing you to play this sunday." Everyone was laughing so hard!! Evidentally they switched the name in our phone from Zone leaders to Bishop and I had no idea. The whole thing was a scam and I ended up playing the organ on Sunday. I mean I would've been fine with Elder Green playing....but honestly I prayed so much that I was to the point of thinking well...if he stubbles on his face I guess I'll be there to back him up. Haha it was a good prank.....really I give the Elders props. Good prank...good prank.











Us stripping wallpaper in a house, off of wood!


Thanks Sister S for making Valentine's Day so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment