Monday, February 11, 2013

Hey everyone!!  Happy Valentines Day (Thursday)!
It was great week in the mission field.  I have loved every min. out here in the field.  My companion is awesome and the members are great they look out for and take care of the missionaries here it's amazing.  We had interviews with President this week and I love and look up to that man so much. It was great--my first interview went perfect.  
On Wed we were able to meet with an older woman and I felt the spirit so strong during the lesson--I love that woman.  Oh Thursday we were able to tract a little bit in the morning.  We saw this woman sitting on her front porch smoking and we went up to her and started introducing ourselves.  She was receptive to what we were saying and took a Book of Mormon. I slightly wanted a picture in that moment, Haha a cigarette in hand along with the Book of Mormon.  What I sight, but while we were talking she threw the cigar down and then wanted to meet with us again.  We are meeting with her this week I am so excited. 
 There was another little boy he's seven years old and this week. We were talking with some children on the play ground and this little boy who's friends with the family we were talking with started to listen.  Soon we asked him if he knew who Jesus was and he said no. All we ended up telling him was that Jesus Loves him always and gave him a picture.  It's sad some situations.  Apparently his older brother is the one that really takes care of him--and all his brother watches is Family Guy.  I'm sorry I don't care who you are that show may be funny but it's completely  inappropriate   This seven year old boy said (when we asked if he knew who Jesus was) said that he saw Jesus on a T.V. show called Family Guy and then another girl piped in and said yeah Jesus swore in that show too I've seen it! Of course I was ticked because I hate that show.  I asked..well did you like it?  They answered No....   Um....This was not okay with me.  I almost started crying right then and there.  We are suppose to become as a little child, "submissive,meek, humble, patient, and full of love.....even as a child doth submit to his father." Mosiah 3:19.  If a child says and feels there is something wrong with the T.V. show they are watching then shouldn't we?  If there is one thing I have learned from teaching little children is that they never lie when it comes to their feelings.  Little children already have the spirit with them, so why would we not learn from a child's example and follow a child's perfect and correct feeling of something being wrong?  It made me soo sad to hear the children say this--But it made my day that as Sister Mapu and I were saying our goodbyes I handed this little boy a picture of Jesus and told him to keep it close to his heart.  I also practiced with him so that next time his brother has that show on he can hold Jesus's picture and leave the room or ask his brother to turn it off.  Well that little boy gripped the picture of our Savior and then when we got into our car he ran up to the car and said, "I believe in God." come back soon.   The light in that child's eyes and the things he has to go through hurt.  I want so bad to just take him in my arms and help him have a better life.  But in this apartment complex all the children are out playing by themselves.  With the gospel of Jesus Christ in their lives I know they could look at their future a whole lot differently.  
I love Sister Mapu!! She is the greatest and we laugh so hard together! Dad--we went and got ice cream and I ordered your favorite shake.  Sister Mapu heard me and ordered a Recess Banana shake:)  She took a bit and said, "oh my gosh I love your Dad!! He's a genius--adding Banana is amazing!" My shake was not very good....they aren't like Utah shakes haha they only gave me a straw and um....shakes should have a spoon (to me anyways).  
Random thought--but can I just say I love my school.  Utah State hey Aggies all the way!! I miss it up there, but it is nice having a fellow missionary that loves Utah State like I do.  We had Dinner at a member's house this week and I have not laughed the way I did in such a long time!  They are the best:)--One of my favorite things to do is sing and play the piano at some less active members houses.  We were able to do that at a Brother's house this week and it was so great!  We also go every week with the Elders to sing to an older man; he has to be taken care of.  But we go sit on his hospital bed and sing all of us:)  I love this gospel and I know without a doubt it's true!!  Congrats to the girls getting their mission calls!!  The lord needs us:)--This is Jesus Christ's church. We are centered around him and the Book of Mormon is truly another testament of him!   Stay Strong Utah I love you all build your life around Jesus Christ.  "One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism." Ephesians 4:5.  That is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  We have the Book of Mormon, a prophet, Apostles, and the priesthood and so much more that Christ did and had to establish his church while he was on the earth. I love my Savior.  
Good Luck! 
Sincerely Sister Jenkins

Yes those are the size of the raindrops!  LOVE THEM!

Elder playing:)


We go and sing at night to an older man, we are by his hospital bed.

Singing again.



No comments:

Post a Comment