Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Last the best of all the game

Alright, I can't believe its the start of my last transfer of my mission.  The feeling is weird.  It doesn't seem real. But here's the scoop on this week for you.

Currently right now it's transfers. It's crazy to me. Some of my favorite missionaries are going home and I am one transfer behind them, but I got to see other favorite missionaries today! I don't like to think about it, it makes me sad! But, at the same time I know change will have to happen. I can't be on this wonderful mission for forever, there are other things I need to do. That doesn't mean I can't always be a member missionary though! I'll just be a lot smarter. I won't load every detail about the gospel to people that have never heard that. I tried that one time on a date....a couple years ago. Didn't go so well. I even invited the guy to church. Maybe I was a little to pushy? But, he never came. It's fine though cause I tired. But, now I can come home and try "smarter".
Well, Monday was my last Zone Conference. Weird!! I was able to bear my testimony and it really didn't feel real. I remember when I first got to the mission field, thinking I would never get to that point. I looked at the older missionaries thinking, "Wow, you did it, you made it! Will I ever get there?" Yep, I sure did, it honestly was hard to do. I love missionaries so much. I have been influenced greatly by people I have had the privileged to serve around throughout my mission. Sister Brown and I played a piano duet to "I am a Child of God." super pretty duet. Our mission President said, "I don't think that piano has ever been played that way in a long time."
 
Tuesday was pday.   Wednesday, that was a good day. You see, Tuesday we did this thing called "Camp Gladiator" with Sister Glass for our morning work out. Then that night we got signed up for the whole thing and went to the first class Wednesday morning at 5 a.m. Oh my gosh, can I just say, Sister Brown and I looked like penguins walking around all day!! It hurt, but I love it when it hurts because that just means good things are about to happen. It was kind of hilarious to watch the two of us go up and down stairs. We've, been doing this class consistently so our bodies are used to it now. Which is really good, this week we are on bikes all week. We went out with Bailey and taught Sister Thomas again!! I love that woman so much. She is very intrigued and interested in temples, they catch her attention. We asked her if she would like to go inside of a temple someday and she responded, "Well, I do but I'm not going to be Mormon. I haven't taken all the lessons. I don't know enough." Perfect response because we are the ones that teaches her all she needs to know. She shared the most precious love story ever and it just made me cry!! I got to the car and all I could do was cry. I know someday she'll be with that man again someday. We had another official Book of Mormon class again! One person came...but, it went really well. One person is so much better then zero! I've got faith though. I know this class can grow.

Thursday was legit. Bailey invited us to go to this homeless, Baptist dinner thing. We like host the tables. Tonight, they didn't have a "devotional speaker". So of course I thought it was the perfect opportunity to volunteer. Want to know why? I've secretly had this need, want to teach in front of a bunch of Christians of all different faiths. I mean mostly this dream had to do with preaching to a congregation of Baptists, that'd be awesome. This dream was about to come true. Because they totally let us do the devotional!! Sister Brown and I (not to brag) did a pretty decent job. We talked about faith and on the spot sang. People were singing with us and we were getting a lot of amens along with that. I felt legit, afterwards people would say things like, "I didn't know Mormons could preach like that!" "We were drawn to everything y'all were saying." etc. I felt like saying well...you can be that way too! Just ask and ye shall recieve because we will teach. I loved it one of the highlight points of the misison for sure.
Friday, our car had some major car problems so we had to take the time to solve that. But we got some pretty solid lessons in.
Saturday was a refresher day. We worked all day non-stop. We tracted a lot and ran into a couple of people who wanted to "bash" with us. But we couldn't. Even though I attempted, I was surprised at how much more confident I was! I actually could answer most of her questions. The mission is a success!

That honestly was the majority of the week. I mean Sunday was great too. I just don't have a lot to say. Miracles and experiences happen all day everyday out here. Every Sunday the Sisters in Relief Society have a missionay moment. I love it cause this week they asked, "Sisters do y'all have a missionary moment." I said, "Yes we do! If we didn't have a missionary moment y'all should be worried." I made myself laugh. But its true!
Good week though eh? I loved it. I can't believe this is the last transfer of my misison! But, don't worry we're working out hardest! I love the work. I love this gospel. I know the Church of Jesus-Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church on earth!
Love always,
Sister Jenkins
                                                             Sister Brown and I
                                                    The lesson I cried afterwards


                             Love this guy!! Served with him in Hattiesburg. 
The church in Coushatta!
       

No comments:

Post a Comment