Monday, April 29, 2013

Wow, what a week it has been! I can't believe it's pday already. It's been a week full of following the spirit etc. To start off with on Monday we had the neatest experience--after we got done emailing Monday we had already made plans for the rest of the night after dinner. Well when we got in the car Keyes looked at me and said, "Where to now J?" My hand just automatically typed in the address of a sweet lady in our ward. I dunno why but I felt very impressed to go there. As it turns out she had promptings all day that the missionaries would give her a blessing. Well when we showed up at her house we were even able to give a 45 min lesson a true blue southern baptist. He kept wanting to argue about things, but I will tell you when we asked questions that just made sense...we stumped him a couple times. We were able to successfully give him a BOM at the end of the 45 min and he was very nice and sincere. We are hoping he really reads it--our discussion was great. Well, after we talked to this man we were able to go into this sweet members home. She told us her promptings and I was on the phone texting Elder Green and Burt to get over there immediately. I may not hold the priesthood but I will sure find those (aka our Elders) who do quickly. Thankfully they just got out of an appt. So they were able to come over and give her a blessing. It was very neat and she was very thankful.
Wednesday we were able to have another lesson with Dem.....!! It was great. Dem..... knows her bible in and out. She starts bringing up these stories from the old testament that I don't even know! But I nod my head and smile. She truly is starting to see how the Book of Mormon and the Bible go hand in hand. At the end of the lesson she said, "I know I need to go to church I'm just not sure when I'll be ready to come with ya'll." It was fantastic to hear her say that because we didn't even commit her to church. Before Dem...the very bold Sister Jenkins came out!! I think I honestly scared Sister Keyes a little bit. We went to visit Sister F..... and D...... was there!! I haven't talked to D..... regarding the church in such a long time...I honestly thought we lost contact with her..okay we did. Anyways...we walked in right in the middle of the ending of their favorite soap opera...we had to sit their awkwardly for 20 more min not looking at the t.v. while these two cute ladies watched it haha. But in between commercials I would talk with D....... Her biggest hang up now is that Sunday is a man made day. God didn't specifically say in the Bible that the Sabbath day is supposed to be on Sunday. She went off about this very passionately for about 20 min. Finally my heart couldn't take anymore...especially when we have taught her the lessons. I started bearing my testimony, "D....... I know how you feel frustrated...but the Lord hasn't taken us out of your life for no reason. I know you say you've been baptized, but you have not been baptized by the correct authority and if you truly want to live with Heavenly Father again you must be baptized by that correct authority. There is a prophet on earth I know it and I hope that someday you will know it. Also...I know you refuse to read the book of Mormon...but I am begging you and so is Heavenly Father please read it. I know it's true..I did not leave my home for 18 months based on something that wasn't true. I left my home so I could find you D.......and if you aren't willing to read the Book then at least pray to know if my words are true I know they are and it's time you find out." Then I grabbed her hands, "I love you...which is why I am being so bold right now please pray on my words for I know they are true." Then there was a pause...I could tell Keyes was holding her breath. D........ then says, "alright I will..I love you too J--whens your bible class? Imma come to that." It was amazing!! When we got out to the car my hands were shaking.....we had to drive around the block once because our next appt was right next store. But I felt the spirit so powerfully! I loved it.
Another amazing moment happened Friday. During weekly planning Sister Keyes and I planned for a mystery person we were planning on finding that day. We had a half hour to tract right before dinner and we knocked on five doors and nothing. Then finally La...... answered. I knew that if we were going to get a return appt..we had to get into her house. So, I asked if I could use her bathroom (after we talked for a min of course). She said, "sure ignore the mess honey." Well..I knew this was the teaching moment...Keyes was able to talk about the BOM and when I came out we gave her a Restoration lesson. Then she said, " I feel like my Mother-in-Law who has passed sent you two and needs my family to hear this." We then asked if we could teach her again..but next time she wants her husband and three little girls to be apart of the lesson!! So we are hoping big for this next week.

So many amazing things happen each day in the field..and a question I always ask myself is, "how strong is my faith?" I know that faith is power...and with it if we ask in the name of Jesus Christ we can do all things. I love it out here and I am so thankful I am currently serving. Ya'll have a great week!! Keep up all you do I know how crazy life can get.....don't forget to serve others and do your own missionary work at home! We are all missionaries! Continue to "Catch the Wave"
Love Always
Sister Jenkins
P.s. Shout out to my girl Ashley Howell for getting married this week!! Love you tons! good luck!


So, we tracted into this lady and she had us dig up these flowers in our skirts.  She wanted us to take them home and luckily we had a flower pot in our back. . .patio.


How pretty some of MS is right now.

A little girl drew us in this pic and we are both "black" in this pic.  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment