Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Hey everyone!!
Sooo guess what Tori has been Baptized!!! Man what a wonderful feeling I have in my heart at the moment. There is so much to be thankful for in this life. I can't believe I lived a life at home where i was putting Heavenly Father out of my life I mean he was always there...but wow....I was sure not as close to him as I am not. I am thankful for so many things at the moment. Being able to see Tori be baptized by her sweet grandpa was a blessing. I just can't thank my heavenly father enough for all that he has given me. He really has blessed me with so many things including a new beginning at life. The more I'm out here the more I realize is 1 life is fair because of the blessings we receive after our trials a good friend taught me that and 2 everything goes back to the atonement a friend of mine would always say that but now I'm really starting to see how true it is. Everything really does go back to the atonement. Especially our progression when we use the atonement daily we progress because we have a mighty change of heart. Well, progressing is something I never plan on not doing. I want to always be progressing, changing, and devoting myself to my Heavenly father for all he has given me. His grace really is sufficient for all.
Anyways, we got a new companion!! I don't think I told this in my letter last week haha but her name is Sister Hansen. She's brand new into the field and she is awesome. She is from Utah and was adopted into a Utah family 5 years ago which is when she joined the church. She's originally from Africa. I love her! Sometimes she says these one-liners that just make Sister Welch and I laugh and laugh. She even announced over the pulpit Sunday as she was bearing her testimony that she loves her companions even if they are crazy. Haha wow...well okay so Welch and I have a bit of fun while we work hard. But hey there is nothing wrong with that and Sister Hansen loves it.
We got her a bike and were able to observe Thirsty Thursday--As we were tracting we ran into the sweetest lady named Evilinee. She is lonely but she defiantly listened to what we said about the restoration. Hopefully we will able to teach her and she will progress. So last Sunday we had five investigators at church. It was really cool!! We tried to follow up with them all this last week but no one was home or answered us. But hey were going to keep trying!--hopefully this week we will be able to follow up with one of the ward members who already has a friendship with one of them. I love the ward here I really do. My love for this ward grows every single day. They are becoming a missionary minded ward!! It's awesome! I love our ward mission leader he really is doing all he can already to make sure that we are hitting 20 + lessons a week.
Anyways--I was able to witness a lot this week. Saturday was Tori's baptism and before the baptism we went to help sister Brackman with her house--we've been praying for service opportunities and we were sure able to find them this week. Sad but true Tiffanie and Edwin are now moved back to Georgia:( I love that couple--but all of us went over to help them move out of there house. I love doing service. The thought was coming across my mind this week while I was sitting on my bed right after lunch. I was trying to muster up all my energy to get back out there and serve!! But my mind couldn't stop wandering about the future. Which is never good--so I said a prayer in my heart. The answer I got was, "don't sit and stew go and do." Really though...when we are working, moving, serving, loving, etc we clearly have no time to be selfish and worry about ourselves. Instead we are progressing moving forward and acting as Christ would and we are happier! Stewing does nothing for us....instead of wishing for a future we much go and make our future. Anyways I learned a lot this week. But now...I always think don't sit and stew go and do! The lords time is precious and there is so much to be done in this gospel we have to help him!
I know that this church is true and I know that the work is hastening! Let us all be apart of it. I love y'all stay strong this week.
Love Sister J P.s. shout out to Kayla Happy 18th Bday Boo!! Enjoy this week:)





















No comments:

Post a Comment