Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Okay so this week in the mission field goes as follows
Tuesday the miracle that happened was we were able to part members home. The awesome thing about this home is that missionaries haven't been able to get into the doors for years. We were able to meet his wife and daughters. It was awesome the wife really really loved Sister Hansen. She called her Chickadee haha. That night we went to Sister Mclains house for dinner. She taught us how to make a roast and it was sooo good! We had Dessert before dinner haha nothing like bluebell ice cream.
Then on Thursday we were able to visit and meed a lot of people. One neat experience that happened though is we had an apt with a potential we met in wally world. She seemed super interested when we first ran into her--however the apt fell through. But on the bright side we went back to the car to fill out a Book Of Mormon aka putting our testimony in it. When we went back, there was a different lady sitting on her porch chair. You could just feel that something wasn't right in her life so we went up to her. We came to find out she had no way to get home and she doesn't like the people she is currently living with. We were able to let her know that God really does love and care for her. We then were able to say a prayer with her then leave her a Book Of Mormon as well. We promised in the blessing that she would feel happier and a ride would eventually come that would get her home. We haven't been able to get back into contact with her but I do know that, the blessing brought her a very high sense of peace.
The next day Thursday obviously..that was kind of a dumb explanation. But anyways, we were able to finish up some service of a member in our ward. I feel bad for her house! It has cobb webbs all over it and her foundation to her house is going rotten. I just wanted to solve all of her problems right then and there, but haha as a missionary well I'm limited. Correction even as a person I am limited. But I do know I can love one another as Jesus loves me. So we cleaned her room helped her out a bit and I know she was very thankful for it. Sometimes I don't know why people don't ask us to do service for them more often. I mean...hello!! We are the missionaries all we do is serve others. We look for service opportunities constantly and we just want to help. As Elder Nielson says, "Ask the missionaries they can help you!" We really can and we want to help you.
On Friday a member who has been a less active for several years (we actually tracted into him) had us over to meet his wife who is not a member. They fed us and we had a really good time. They talked about how their home was ruined by the tornado that happened in February. Man the affects of that tornado affected a lot of people down here and it makes my heart sad. But spending dinner with them was a blessing. Earlier that day we were able to see Miss Jerry again!! When we walked in she immediately asked for help. She needed us to go get cases of water that she bought in preparation for the hurricane...ummm well a hurricane yep not what we expected to hear. But honestly it wasn't even a big deal. Seriously it was just a light storm and we slept right through it. I love Miss Jerry though, every time we are over she says, "you know the drill!" and she goes to her kitchen and cleans out her cubboards for food to give to us. She is such a sweetheart and has so much faith in our savior Jesus Christ.
Saturday, well what more to say Conference was wonderful!! I loved the speakers. I can't believe it's already been 6 months since the last conference. But after we went tracting and we ran into this college house that was full of drunk college boys haha. Umm...well they were scientists too, needless to say we left that place quickly.
Sunday conference was great too. I loved the messages go figure. But okay so that night Aunt Lu-Lu fed us and had a non-member over. I love seeing the ward members excited about missionary work!! I mean heck we kinda all heard a lot of talks about missionary work sooo we all should be anxiously engaged in this work. Missionary work takes everyone! Not just the missionaries and I am so thankful for this ward in helping us and giving us some amazing referrals. Speaking of referrals we got one from President Silas (our previous Bishop), her last name was Jenkins so I was pretty excited. We went to her apt and wow what a special person. She truly is an amazing example of faith and the spirit in her home was very strong. She talked of how she is a dreamer and how she has been writing down every dream she has had for several years now. I was amazed. I don't feel that my dreams are great enough to write down haha but I do know that the lord can answer us through dreams. So now..I have pencil and paper by my bedside, I mean you never know.
My heart is full and my testimony burns right now. I just am so thankful to be here as a full time missionary. I love the lord my god with all my heart. I am grateful for Jesus Christ and I know that his grace is sufficient for all. I love the enabling power of the atonement and I am striving to really feel it in my daily life. There are so many things to be worked on especially our Christ-like attributes. However, my problem is I need to have patience when it comes to developing them! I guess I should focus on patience first then huh? Anyways I know this is Jesus Christs church without a doubt! The testimonies shared during conference were powerful. What a great weekend. I love y'all so much!! Kayla happy post birthday! Love you boo!
Love Sister J






No comments:

Post a Comment