Monday, March 3, 2014

Hey everyone!!
So this week has been interesting. I found out this morning that I am pretty sick "Walking Pneumonia" doctor even said so. Interesting. But we worked as best we could this week so let me tell you about it.
Monday we had another awesome bonfire at Bro. Gills place in Picayunne. It was Sister Helms bday. The Barlows came down to see me for Jenni's bday and I love that family sooo much!! They seriously are my mission family-we went out to eat and had a great time. Gosh, I can't believe I've been out for over a year. It literally blows my mind. Anyways, Tuesday we had to spend the day inside. I felt so sick!! It takes a lot for me to stop working and I figured if I got well Tuesday I could work the rest of the week.
Wednesday we met a few new people. We still worked, I felt a little better and honestly Wednesday was the best the day feeling wise. But that night I lost my voice:( Bleh!! We tracted most of the day because I really wanted to hit the seven hours but we didn't haha only got two and a half hours in. But hey we met some stellar investigators that hopefully by the end of this week we will be able to see.
We didn't see a ton of people Thursday cause once again I was sick most of the day sounding like a complete smoker. But we saw a total of three people. Wahoo:)
Friday we planned for DJ's baptism which is coming up this week yahoo! That night we were supposed to practice with Bethany. She was asked to sing "God Bless the USA" at a Veterans Day celebration out in Columbia. She asked if I would play for her. Well, the only music that we had was the original song consequently, Bethany couldn't sing that low. So, I figured out ( I don't know how) but I figured out that she sounded better with 3 sharps instead of one flat. So I transposed the song to A major. I couldn't believe I could do that!! It took a little while, most of the night until curfew. But, I really think Heavenly Father was helping me see that I could really do something I never could and he helped me the entire time. The next day we drove out to Columbia and most of the missionaries there were wondering why the Bogie Town sisters were there. Well, clearly it was to play for Bethany. Get this, there was no piano in the room were the celebration was being held!! I wasn't about to go and drag a piano in that room in front of all those people-so I accepted it for what the situation was. Laughed a little and patted myself on the back then watched Bethany sing the song accepella. I was happy though. I got to see a lot of my Hattiesburg ward members. I sounded like a smoker the whole time but it was great to see those I love and miss.
Saturday night I was out. The sickness was getting to me and I couldn't take much more. Then Sunday rolled around. We had four investigators at church which is awesome!! But Pres. Lux came up to me and said, "Sister Jenkins don't take this personally but you look well, awful." Don't worry I didn't take it personally and yes I did look pretty bad. After Sacrament, Pres. Lux took me aside and said, "The branch will take care of your investigators. You need to go home. You look like a walking zombie." So Bailey and I went home I was really relieved but I couldn't help but cry cause I didn't want to leave them!! I knew I had to but I didn't want to. Thankfully the branch did a beautiful job fellowshipping them. They defiantly took them under their wing and guided them the rest of church.
Yesterday was zone conference. I was the pianist for the whole thing and played for two musical numbers. I felt awful cause I was sounding like an extreme smoker at this point. But the show went on. Heavenly Father helped me get through. Sister Bailey and I were scheduled to sing a song that we "mashed" together. The song was a mix of "This is the Christ" and "Jesus was no ordinary man" I could barely get a noise out of me. But President came up to me after asking if Sister McDonough could record the two of us sing it. So she did, and that round went a lot better then when we performed in front of everyone. I couldn't believe I could even sing, but I prayed my family angles would help me and they sure did.
Basically that sums of the week. This morning I finally found out what I have! Anyways, I am so blessed to be here. I love this gospel more then anything and I am so thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ. I know he lives!
Y'all be good.
Love always
Sister Jenkins












 

No comments:

Post a Comment