Monday, June 23, 2014

All I wanted was to teach an Asian

We were on bikes all week this week and it was good.  At least I'm getting a little bit of tan right?
Instead of writing a huge email about what we did everyday this week I'm more in the mood to just share stories as of lately.  

Basically what happened this week, was Sister Brown and I decided to get online to Mormon.org for a minuet.  While we were I saw this video of Elder Holland going to Asia.  The work there apparently is just exploding.  As I was watching I saw the Elders and Sisters serving there.  I couldn't help (I didn't mean to) but ask the question, "Why didn't I get sent to Asia?"  Like was I not worthy enough to go teach Asians? I was slightly upset while we were riding bikes home.  Then I started saying a heart prayer to Heavenly Father just letting him know all the feelings I was having.  We almost got to our apartment and I hear Sister Brown talking to someone who pulled up next to us on the side of the road. "How you ride bike?"  Sister Brown replies, "We'll teach you?!"  I looked behind me and see it's an Asian lady talking to her!!  I freaked out in happiness and asked this cute Asian lady to pull over into our apartment complex and we would talk to her (she was holding up traffic).  We talked to her for min, and we got her contact information.  We will hopefully see her this week!  

I feel as if that was the Lord saying, "You wanted an Asian, you got an Asian."  At that moment I realized I would've been fine in Asia.  But the Lord needed me here.  People that I have met and love dearly needed me to be here.  I especially needed to be in the MJM.  Funny huh?  That's my story for the week.  I love y'all!
Have a good one. 
Love Sister Jenkins
Best Companionship ever

Love my girls Zemp and Brown!!  

Here's the video link to what started my Asian dilemma

No comments:

Post a Comment