Monday, June 16, 2014

Will Work for Chicken Nuggets

"Will work for Chicken Nuggets" seems to fit an experience that happened this week perfectly. Sister Brown and I were tracting. We didn't have a dinner appointment and it was slightly late in the evening but we were determined to find at least one person to teach. Door after door no one answered.  We knocked on this one of course a miracle happened. She seemed stressed, she had a lot of clothing and things in her carport. You see, we always ask people if they need help with anything and they always say no. However, this lady after we asked said,
"Yes I do. I have a garage sale I'm in charge of in the morning because we need the extra money and it's super overwhelming. I just don't see how I'll be able to handle all of this." Immediatly we were put to work. In the middle of organizing her carport. She gets on her knees crying thanking Heavenly Father for sending two angles that represent Jesus Christ to come help her. It was precious. We were happy to be there.
 
We worked for about an hour and then she offered us dinner. She said it wasn't much, but she was cooking some chicken nuggets! We of course jumped at the offer.  We were able to have a gospel discussion and eat chicken nuggets together. So we ended up getting Dinner! They wanted us to come back this week, we will see how it goes. Personally I am looking forward to it. I have hope that things are going to work out.
 
This week was good, it's weird that I only have a month left. All I could think this week was how much I truly love the south. I love these people so much. But, you know I don't think my email needs to be huge this week.
Love Sista J

 
A cute cafe in Stonewall!
 
 
We saved a turtle crossing the road
 
 
Dad's favorite team:)
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment