Monday, June 16, 2014

Shout out to Dad


Shout out to Dad
I will do a shout out to my cute Dad for fathers day!! I love him so much and I am so thankful that I have been blessed with a Dad who honors and respects his priesthood. He's truly been an amazing example and hero for me in my life. I reflect all the memories he was able to give me as a child. I'll never forget being on the Farm with my cute Dad.

Story Time: When I was small, there was anight that Dad and I had to move pipe just us on this huge field. I was so tired and didn't think I could pick up anymore pipe. I remember looking at my Dad, gentle and strong with the pipe and with me. As he walked I remember following directly behind him because it was always easier to follow in his footseps through the mud. It was also eaiser to follow because as he would walk the grain would brush down....if I stayed close enough I could get through the grain easier.

I remember my Mother years back sharing a similar story about my sweet Grandpa right before he passed away. I have this in common with her. I understand that through the mud of the water when moving pipe it's easier to follow in Dad's footseps.
My Grandpa will forever be my mothers hero like my Dad will be mine. After all Dad's are always a daughters first love. I love my Grandpa, and my mind reflects to his gentle and firmness as a grandfather growing up. He had such a strong testimony of the gospel and he was brilliant with things regarding life, I miss him and am grateful for the example he set in my life. In fact there is a song he would always sing with my mother growing up. It's called, "You are My Sunshine."

In loving memory of
My Grandpa Reed Jensen
The other night my comp and I were singing that to go to sleep (because we have bats outside our apartment that live in the roofing and they kept hitting our window so we couldn't sleep). The next day a member told us that "You are My Sunshine" is Louisiana's state song! My Grandfathers mission was in Texas. I know it covered some of Louisiana, but I'm not 100 percent sure on that. But it meant so much to me.
My Dad has such a strong testimony of this church. I know his spirit is strong, I will always be grateful for the eternal influence he has on my life. I love him. I will always cherish the memories we have. He's just a giant teddy bear as my mother would say. I know he is!! He gives the best hugs ever! Dad, thank you for everything you do. Following "In your footsteps" is the best path to take yet. Thank you for honoring your calling as a father, I know there was always one that would protect and love me that's you. I love you dearly.

Anways y'all. That was the week and those are my thoughts!
Love you all.
Love Sister J


 

No comments:

Post a Comment