Monday, June 9, 2014

Be an Instrument

Hey y'all:) 
Well, here was the week.  

Monday: It was the day of service.  So we painted the Glass families house all day--it was a solid day.  We also were able to teach Daniel at a resturant he's coming along really well.  He's the first investigator that has ever read the BofM as far as he has.  He's read to 2 Nephi 12!  It was pretty cool.  He was talking about all the stories that he had read I was pretty impressed! That doesn't happen to often.  We were so happy.

Tuesday was pday because it was transfer day.  But,  y'all already knew that so.. there goes Tuesday.  
Bah, this email is boring.  I'm not really in the mood to type up a huge email y'all.  We've had some great investigator lessons this week though.  Like, most of our investigators will be progressing soon.  Emily is amazing!! We visit her house at least a couple times a week and discuss the gospel.  She had us over for dinner with her brother and husband.  We had shrimp and had to peel it ourselves.  We watched the restoration DVD and the spirit was super strong.  Her brother was so excited to come to church Sunday that he went and bought a new tie for it.  

I just have such a strong testimony of the spirit and what it can do.  This week I am physically and spiritually exhausted.  It's really how missionary work should be.  I am so thankful that near the end of my mission we're still working as hard as ever.  It's been a super emotional week I think a lot of you understand.  I love it here so much.  I love the south I really do.  I love the spirit I am able to feel every single day.  We met this week with one of President McD's counselors, "President Houston".  I am so thankful that we met with him.  He gave me great coming home advice and told me that I am doing a wonderful job at my missionary work.  There was also a lot said that was an answer to all of my prayers. 

 Basically I'm more motivated to become the person the Lord wants me to be.  This mission has truly saved my salvation.  Without it, I don't even know where I would be or what my outlook on life would be like.  I have a long ways to go.  But, I can at least have the hope and faith that as long as God is number one in my life everything will work out.  Kind of trying to keep all the emotions together.  It might also be possible that I am crying as I write this.  5 weeks is not a lot of time, but I know that I'm going to keep working my hardest.  I love these people so much, every person does have good in them if you look at their hearts.  I'm not saying my goodbyes (even though it sounds like it) I'm just full of thanks!  It's like my need for people to receive this message of the gospel is greater then ever.  

I truly feel as if I am clay in the makers hands.  At church yesterday President Houston talked about how the organ in our building is the happiest organ in all of Stonewall.  Why?  Because it gets to be played every week.  It's an instrument that is constantly being used.  In Alma 29:9 (my mission scripture) it talks about being an instrument in the hands of the Lord, "and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul unto repentance."  

Now I know why we are always so happy at the end of the day when we do missionary work.  It's because the master is using us.  We are literally his instrument and I am the happiest I've ever been because I am in his total and complete control.  Trusting that he's going to make me sound beautiful the way I make the piano sound, gives me hope.  Sometimes it's difficult, but I want to be the best instrument I can be.  I want to be out of my case and being used for him.  Anyways it's a cool analogy I felt that I appreciated the calling I have as a missionary a whole lot more. 

Okay there we go, I feel a lot better about this email.  Sometimes just going through each day is...a drag to write.  But, y'all there's to much in my heart at the moment to really express the way I feel.  I hope y'all have a fantastic week.  As the classic song goes, "It's Alright, have a good time cause it's alright."  Everything is all right.
Love Always Sister Jenkins
We gave puppies a bath!

Don't get clouds like this in Utah.

Hey Mom!.....are you attempting to cook again?
Cookie fail....thought they needed more butter after my batch.


No comments:

Post a Comment